Minor/Repaint: Alternity Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fateastray, Nov 29, 2009.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

There wasn't much to be done about this figure, in my eyes, he was perfect. I guess it came down to giving it a personal touch, rather than improving on the figure. It was quite the decision, seeing as this figure was so damn expensive. I like how it turned out, he's like, MY Alternity Megatron.

Just painted some robot parts with a flat black and drybrushed silver over em. I made his face a little more Geewun, with the dark eyebrow-forehead thing. I also outlined the space around his eyes, so it looks as he has pupils too. The light piping didn't really work on the figure so I just painted over his new 'pupils' too.

Painted his chest to resemble his G1 counterpart. The car-mode remains untouched, except for the Decepticon Logo on the hood. I cut the reprolabel's edges so it would look a little less sticker-y.

I bet not many of you knew that the trunk could actually open thanks to a double hinge at the roof!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look, a teaser picture of another project, if anyone would like to see more, I'll make him a thread. BONECRUSHER!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Very nice, dude. Of course, we wanna see Bonecrusher!! Why wouldn't we?! :D 

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Excellent stuff! The 'Con logo on the "belt buckle" is the only thing I want to do to mine (as my figure painting skills are less than impressive).

4. fateastray

Thanks, lot. Yes, the 'belt-buckle' is an excellent place for a con symbol. If I had silver repro-labels, they'd might fit better, but that purple + white outline is just an extra nod to G1, especially since it's the 25th-anniversary figure.

Bonecrusher will get a topic as soon as I can make some decent picture. I always rely on natural lighting, so maybe it's time I construct some sort of light-box. I'm sure school won't mind a few missing light-bulbs. Considering the fee I have to pay each year, I'm entitled to some material.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! You have some balls for painting him. Looks very nice. (The figure, not your balls)

6. fateastray

I guess, If you really want, I could make a topic for those, but the admins would have to make a NSFW prefix :x

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks cool for drybrushing. Did you consider cutting that freakin' thing off the back of his head? :) 

8. fateastray

The only that crossed my mind there was 'Why does it bother people that much?' Because I have no problem with it. I like how it's the engine-block too, I even painted it so it would fit in with the rest of the car-parts.