Alternity Megatron help please?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scythe, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I just have too much bad luck with this figure. I've gone through three of these already, because I've returned them for a replacement and I'm back at square one when I just recieved my third one.

Here's the problem, I bought the Diamond Black Megs and the chest piece that's supposed to flip down when you bend his spine the first time, stays stuck to his undercarriage, unlike the rest of my Alternity Convoys. I've tried giving it a small nudge to see if it'll pop down, but I've seen that it is extremely hard to move. It's not even stuck there with paint or glue or anything, it just won't pop down. I finally managed to get it down with a little force, and when I moved his waist up to connect with his chest piece, the two pieces have a large gap, not to mention the chest piece won't go back to it's original place by itself anymore.

So is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? Should I return it? Let me know, thanks guys.

2. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

I have this problem as well i had to pry out the chest piece, but it won't connect to the waist so i just left it and transformed it back to car mode and left it in the box.

My black convoy chest piece sometimes won't come down but it can connect to the waist easily but whatever.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine's the same. I had to force the tub out, and it only goes back halfway when tfing him back. And it doesn't connect to the waist :mad 
    My blue one is great BTW.

Now this defect has almost reached the "default" status :( 

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Aw, that sucks.

5. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow this sucks guys, sorry to hear about this default on Black Alternity Megatron. I have the silver one and hes fine.

6. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

wow that sux i was gonna order him too. thanks for the info guys.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info as well. I like the black the best but if they're all defective...

8. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm in the same boat in that I have one on order (awaiting the arrival of those Prime Guns to send all at once). If there's a really good chance of getting this defect, I'll go with the blue one.

Anyone get the Diamond Black Megs that DIDN'T have this issue?

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I got the Black Convoy and it started having the same problem. The first time I transformed him, everything worked perfectly. Then when I went to transform him back to car mode then to robot again, the ab piece doesn't come down anymore and it no longer tabs in securely. :( 

10. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    For the record, I've gone through three Black Convoys with the same problem, the third one was the charm, and he works fine, but this diamond black Megs, I'm just getting my money back...

11. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I was the only one with this problem, it frustrated me to a point that I tried to disassemble the entire front part. I've managed to solve the problem, what you need is to use a small flat-head screwdriver and gently pry the tab out (circled area). As you can see from my pictures, the tab is now a little messed up but at least my Alternity Megs transforms properly. Hope this helps :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

it's expected. that's why i keep my alternities misb.

13. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

That's useful info right there. I looked at mine and it's just beyond repair, but thanks for posting that up, hope it helps someone else.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do still like mine. His waist not connecting is annoying, but I can live with it. *sigh*

I know it doesn't matter to most of you guys, but even his package has something wrong. (There's an unnecessary kanji at the beginning of the blurb.)

15. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Wow, mine has this problem as well.
    I got mine a few days ago when I was on vacation in Japan. Got back home and transformed him, and there's this problem.
    For the record, my Red/Silver/Black Alternity Convoys and my Blue/Silver Alternity Megatrons don't suffer from this problem at all.

16. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    So I managed to get his chest piece to come down and up, manually, not automatically like it should be, and it just adds a minor step to his transformation process, not biggie. Now his waist won't connect, sigh, any advice guys?

17. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    This is INSANELY difficult to do, I've scratched up paint in that area and the tab still won't come down. %@&@%@&@@ it!

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm going to have to go look for this. I don't recall any problems when I transformed mine.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my Black Convoy had his problem but if I can recall (it was so annoying I just sold the damn thing) correctly, the chest piece wouldn't come down unless you transformed the hood of the car correctly. I think it had something to do with the front fenders or head. either way, it is very annoying and I miss my black convoy now:banghead: 

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Alternity Convoy somehow got misaligned, and had the same problem, although my Megatron's been fine (blue one, though, not the black that seems to have this problem by default).

ki1983ng shows how to fix it. The problem is the slider mechanism inside the chest not being aligned properly. Unless you get that hooked up to the abdomen plate, it's not going to work. So find a screwdriver to push that slider around, and align it with the abdomen. It's actually not that hard to do, and it shouldn't take any excessive force.