Alternity Megatron... breaking!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Delta-Raven, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Delta-Raven

Delta-Raven Well-Known Member

So I got Alternity Megs two days ago, really awesome, love the way he looks, and the car mode is gorgeous.

Yesterday I was posing him, moving his lower leg by gripping the "shin" peice. The little peg that holds the shin piece to the "side-of-leg" piece popped out, and the shin piece "snapped" back, hitting the point of the brake-light against the "side-of-leg" piece... and the point of the brake-light broke off!

Suffice it to say, I'm pretty unhappy... currently trying to glue it back on.

Just thought I'd warn you guys, be careful with the little guy... He looks like he can dish some punishment out, but apparently he can't really take it.

2. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning.
    Hopefully this isn't a general flaw with the line...

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Eh, it sucks and all, but one broken toy does not equal a fragile product. All collector-based toys should be handled with care (not that you didn't, just saying...), and accidents are bound to happen.

In b4 boycott.

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mines not been out the box yet, however thanks for the heads up on this sucker. my convoy is very sturdy in comparison

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Word.

I'm sorry to hear this guys figure has been broken but their really not toys (at least not for kids) and should be treated with a huge amount of care.

Now looking at my Megatron its an easy problem to run into its also an easy problem to solve as its not really a flaw with the toy you just need to line up all the parts spot on.

6. Delta-Raven

Delta-Raven Well-Known Member

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a fragile product, all I'm saying is that there are some areas with very little "room for error", and as Blitz said, all the parts need to be spot on. All I wanted to do was warn others with this figure so they are aware of this and are more careful than I was.