Alternity line's future

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skywave, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

How do you guys see this lines going in the following months/years? Do you think its going to be a long lived line, like Binaltech, or a shorter line, with a few mold and then that's it?

Do you see it a a replacement/following of the Binaltech? So far it's another car-only line, with characters that haven't been used in the Binaltech line (except Prime).

When I first saw the Prime and Megatron, I though it would be some kind of experiment mold/line, using both leader to make them attractive. New size and new mold that didn't mix with anything, I though it might be just those mold, a few repaint, and that's it.

But now with Bumblebee/Cliffjumper and the upcomming Starscream/Skywarp, I see this line expanding, and as a fan of Alternators it now catch my attention! In fact, I ordered Bumblebee and Cliffjumper this week to get a feel of this line, and I could at least mix them with Alternators if I don't get more. If this line keep going I can see me getting into it, smaller Alternators is just too awesome (I prefer deluxe-sized TFs), and if they get new characters with cool mold (like what Starscream is looking to be), I won't resist long :D 

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it will carry on for as long as it is profitable, to fill that part of the Japanese market that want die-cast Transformers that turn into real, contemporary cars. I'd like to hope we get a good number of releases and years out of it.

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I can see alternity goin for a long time. Those of us that have em, love them and cant wait for more. As for me, its my favorite line right now. Alternity convoy is my all time fav mold. Even the bb and cliffy mold is awesome. The new SS and SW are gonna be amazing. I hope to hear more of more molds in the near future.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's certainly my favorite line at the moment, and a worthy successor to Binaltech.

Hope it continues for a long, long time!

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I think it'll be kinda like the masterpiece line. Ongoing, about 2-3 molds a year.

6. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ which is must better for us who is fan of the line and not too much impact to our wallet

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

well put catz

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope it never ends, absolutely loving it and I find it far superior to Binaltech.

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I say its on par with bts. I like alternity more only bc its the new and thats when I caught on to the whole real cars thing. And nissan gtr is my fav car! The quality is a little better on alternity too, a little better.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I got Bumblebee and Cliffjumper and they're pretty neat. I'd love them a hell of a ot more if they didn't have any die-cast but I know that's the draw of the line in the first place. I'll be interested to see actual production pics of Starscream and Skywarp.

11. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I bought the Prime colored Convoy and Cliffjumper. Love'um both. Not really interested in Megatron as a car, nor Seekers as cars either, so they'll be a big pass for me.

If they start hitting up other road-character references, and do it nicely, they got my cash.

Either way, there's a market for the figures, and they're great, so I'd hope the line continues and does so as catz suggested.

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Definitely my favorite line at the time. I'm surprised they went past Optimus & Megatron.

I hope it continues.

Randy

13. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    1. It is a Japanese (local) car only series. As long as the toy is not going to sell overseas they can do what they what with their own ideas.
    2. It is a continuation of the Binaltech series. So you will see more discarded plans showing up in the Alternity line.
    3. Tomy has the licenses to make toy cars of different brand, type, and size. They have unlimited resources.
    4. Takara is going to tag the series with the "Label" line. Now they make toys with brand names.
    5. Since Hasbro's new toy are not designed (from scratch) by the Takara team, they can squeeze out every single brain cell from the guys and use them in their own toys.