Alternity Line Worth Getting Into?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr. Grimlockisking, Apr 15, 2011.

?

Should I Be Adding Alternity To The Collection?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2011.
  1. No - Not That Great

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Yes - They Are a Great Line!

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Up To You - Don't Have Feelings One Way or the Other

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Just Focus on 3rd Party / CHUG / DOTM Upcoming

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've read the reviews, read the feedback, and the general consensus I get is that they are nice......but small for the price.

What's people's opinions on them? I'm pretty much CHUG only, with a few random other series figures for mold variance. Only Alternity/Binaltech/Alternators figures I have is an Alternators OP, and that was mainly for the FP Gas Can Kit Add on.

Debating on pulling the trigger on a Starscream and then getting the rest of the SeaCars (Thanks Grimlock_13 for the awesome variance!) and of course, Megs and OP. But I don't know if they are really worth it. On the fence, and interested in hearing what those who have them think.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are nice if you can still get them near the original retail of $50. Has that changed much?

3. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most places are still around $50 that I've seen online

4. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I only got red prime and silver megs. Have been debating about black prime though.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Convoy is amazing. Sold my silver one for financial reasons, but I'd love to buy back a black one soon.

Megatron is cool. Had blue, tail light broke, sold it because I'm really anal about condition. I want to buy back a black one because it really is a cool little figure.

BB/CJ was a pass for me. It also happens to be the cheapest on the secondary market by far, which is probably an indication of just how cool it isn't.

SS/SW/TK was eh. Not a fan, but not a hater. Sold Skywarp after I had it a few months because I just got -really- bored with it.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them. Not as much as alternators, but they are fun toys.
    The scale is upsetting if you were a bt/alt collector, but it wears off once you get one in your hands and start messing around with them.

I'd look around for deals though, you can get a few at pretty reasonable prices. Got my black megs/bb/cliff through these guys. $100 ain't bad for that set. And BB/Cliff fit in pretty well with the bt/alt line due to their scale.

Transformers Alternity Set Of 3 at Toynk Toys

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I can't speak on behalf of Prime, Megs or the Seekers but if yuo have Alternators then you need BB and CJ, they fit in perfectly with that line.

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are really nice! The Prime mold is a really good mold but dosen't feel like Prime, same goes for Megatron. The seeker mold is complete shit! Trust me I have them all.

9. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I only picked up silver prime and silver megatron. The rest of the line didn't do it for me. They're neat but don't quite feel like transformers to me. I stuck to the binaltech line.

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I actually own 4 Alternators in which I'm currently looking to trade if you're interested. I like them very much but my preference for now is CHUG, which is why I'm trading. Go the Junkion section and you'll find my post. I'm actually giving a good deal on the trades..

11. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Juise - What was so bad about the seeker mold?

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The seeker mold is very floppy. Out of the 4 molds, it is the worst.

13. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, that's Alternators, but not Alternity though, if I was into the Alternators more than just the obligatory Prime for my FP kit, I'd be hitting you up on that. Those are some damned good deals though. Be a heck of a steal for anyone that's interested in those!

14. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    I got the red and black Convoy molds. The others just seem... off. Maybe not so much Bee and Cliffjumper, but the seekers certainly seem like it.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I LOVE them. They are all awesome. They are REAL cars with die cast and rubber wheels. Like Transformer toys used to be. I have Prime, Megatron, BB, CJ, and all 3 seekers.

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I'd say if you're not a completist, pick and choose based on recommends from collectors because of the smaller size and larger price points.

I bought 4 Alternity figures when I was in Japan last year: Cliff and all 3 Megatrons. I wanted to get Bumble while I was there too, but couldn't find even one out of nearly a dozen I saw where the paint aps were consistent. The yellows didn't match and it just looked kinda ugly.

I still want to get Vibrant Red Convoy, Starscream and Skywarp.

17. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of the 4 molds in that line, the seeker mold is a big fail in my eyes.

1) With very few exceptions I like my robot modes to be symmetrical! The use of the top half of the car to create the wings seemed like a good idea but the execution was very lacking.

2) The faces are terrible, especially Starscream! They are "The Seekers" not "The Insecticons". Starscreams face is way to insect like.

3) They are too lanky. They almost feel like they are more inspired by the Animated seekers then the G1 version. Since they are mostly shell formers the limbs dont have the bulk I like in a transformer.

You may like them, but I didn't. I thought I'd give them a try, but in the end it was just wasted money for me.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Glad you like the SeeCars from my comic :) 

I recently got into the other Alternity toys and really like the black versions of Optimus and Megatron. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper aren't too bad, but I have to agree with others that say the Seekers are the weakest. They aren't terrible but they just aren't as stable as the others. Optimus feels the most solid, Megatron isnt too far behind, BB & CJ are a little top heavy IMO.

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have every figure and all the versions of each. I really liked the line and think it's a step up from the items in Universe as well as the stuff in RtS and Generations. They were really nice figures, with cool transformations, and great detail & color. I say go for it!

Randy

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the alternity figures i have but as others have said you should pick and choose based on reviews.