Alternity Diamond Black Megatron and Ultra Black Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Demonss, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I realize he's actually some weird Alternative Universe character like most of them are.

But the colors and the Autobot logo he has make him more a close cousin to items like :

Jafcon Convoy (Black G1 Optimus Prime)
    Nucleon Quest Super Convoy (Black Powermaster Optimus Prime)
    THS-02-B Black Hybrid Style Convoy (Miniature Black G1 Optimus)
    Black Robotmasters G1 Convoy
    MP-04-B Masterpiece Convoy in Black
    (Unreleased) Wonderfest Black Convoy (Black Heroic Voyager Classics Optimus)

Rather than tying him to the Nemesis Prime / Evil Black Convoy Characters.

It's the teal that throws you a bit as the Teal is very similar to Nemesis Prime (Like the Classics one) or RID Scourge and not all the heroic Black convoys have teal on them.

Pity really as Alternity could do with more villans, I was thinking Megatron repainted into legion might be an idea for example.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, everyone likes to label black Prime repaints as "Nemesis" but his actual name is Black Convoy:thumbs2: .

I believe Scourge was also named Black Convoy in the Car Robots (RID) cartoon overseas:2c: .

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Canonically, though, he is Nemesis Prime. So that's sorta where that comes from.

4. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it all just boils down to personal preference in the end because the fandom will never agree on anything :lol . I got Black Convoy from the Car Robots version and the name originated with the first Black Prime repaint from BW Neo, which was called "Big Black" Convoy.

For this particular figure, I kept the Black Convoy name because the box says "Super Black" Convoy

[​IMG]

On Topic, yeah, I love the Alternity Prime mold, I have all 4

[​IMG]

Yeah, Black Convoy didn't show up that well in this photo
    [​IMG]

5. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I call him nemesis cause he's my only black prime repaint.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It should be Black Big Convoy, as it's the black version of Big Convoy. Before him was Black Lio Convoy from BWII, who started the naming trend, the black and turquoise redeco trend, and the evil Convoy trend.

While Nemesis Prime isn't totally inacurate as he is the same character as Universe Nemesis Prime, in fiction, he's been reformed and is a good guy now, so Black Convoy is more accurate. You can read a translation of his comic here, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-alternity-convoy-super-black-mini-comic.html

Alternity Black Convoy joins the ranks as mentioned of good guys with a dark deco including Nucleon Quest Superconvoy, Black G1 Robotmasters Convoy, and Black Big Convoy.

Lastly, there's already a feedback for Alternity Black Convoy, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...black-megatron-ultra-black-nemesis-prime.html

7. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was planning on getting the black Megatron, but now I don't know. If I get the Black Convoy, I almost feel like having two black versions would feel a bit redundant, hence I'm feeling like the silver Megs might fit a bit better?

Do you guys prefer the black or the silver megs? And why?

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My Black Diamond Megatron just arrived from Amazon. BTW, a couple posters here have erroneously called the Fairlady Z a 350Z. It is not. It's a 2009 370Z.
    350Z
    [​IMG]
    370Z
    [​IMG]