Alternity Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Drpee, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone who owns him please let me know if he is he worth getting?

Its my birthday soon you see and im not sure what to ask for as a gift. Theres a few TF's that id like, one of them being the red alternity convy but i have a few worries about him.

One is his size, he looks kinda small for a relatively expensive toy. That brings me on to my second worry, the price. Is he really worth what people are asking for him? Another thing that worries me is his transformation, is it complex or overly simplistic? Last thing i want is to ask my wife to buy me a £40+ small toy that only has a few easy steps to transforming it.

I do like the design however, and being a big fan of alternators and anything prime/convoy related is my main reasoning behind even considering asking for this as my birthday gift, but i feel like i might regret it since, due to our lack of moneiz, it will more than likely be my only gift this year so i want to make it count.

Im also a collector of fine tastes, meaning i dont just collect every single toy from every single line, even if they suck. My shelves are full of the best from classics, universe, MP, Alts/BT's and the movie line so will he even fit in?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The transformation is pretty complex but the figure looks great and poses well. I'd say he's worth it.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

He is what I have always wanted, Alternators quality in G1 scale cars. So I say yes.

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    The black one comes out in June, btw. I preordered that sumbeach.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't want to seem rude, but you've been here a year and still don't realise there's a feedback forum full of people who own figures commenting on whether they're worth owning?

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a great stand-alone display piece, and the detailing is top-notch. The transformation is a nice balance between gimmicky, complex and succinct. I went with the silver deco, as I felt it looked more coordinated, without trying to conform to OP's red/blue color scheme.

It's not without its flaws, however. The diecast spine causes it to be fairly back heavy, which makes posing difficult. The legs' transformation is a little scary, since it requires some deformation.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I like to think of it as a miniature masterpiece. It is, of course, priced accordingly.

7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

If you want some really detailed (and varied) opinions on the figure, check this thread out:

Alternity Convoy

It will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about the figure.

I was on the fence myself about it, until I saw it in a local toy store. The size to price ratio was pretty steep to me, but after seeing, I had to have one. Fortunately, my local hobby shop guy had them in stock as well, and gave me a really great price. I love the figure. No problems with it all. It's now front and centre on my Shelf of Prime (well, slightly to the left, as my WST Prime/Megs and Dinobots are in the centre, in front of 20th Anni Prime...but that's neither here nor there...).

I'd say get it. It really is a great figure.

8. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I will say get it! It is one badass toy!!!

9. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Evidentally not.

Thanks for that link, thats just what i needed to see.

Thanks (mostly) everyone else for your input.

10. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i sooooo want alternity convoy. just preordered megatron instead cos kapow toys are out of stock of red convoy. they have silver, but i want red cos megatrons silver and theyd look too similar if i got both silvers.