Alternity Convoy (Vibrant Red) Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Easily fits into a pocket. I usually wrap him up in a plastic grocery bag though, to avoid chipping the paint on the diecast bits. There are already a couple chips on the doors where they hinge, but that's my fault for not being careful enough during transformation, and they hide pretty well in both modes.

2. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Great! Now all I have to do is sit back and wait until BBTS gets'em and ships'em. This is going to be a LOONG couple weeks (I'd assume 2-3 weeks tops). Luckily Halo Wars and Phantasy Star Portable are coming out the 3rd to help me pass the time.

3. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine just arrived.

Contrary to what was reported earlier, the figure actually doesn't have much die-cast. None of the car shell is metal. The only die-cast on the figure is in the inner torso/core of the figure. The entire car shell however, is fully painted, giving it the look of die-cast. At least there will be little to no complaints of paint chipping.

This news might dissuade some from getting this figure but if die-cast content is not a deal breaker for you, I'd still highly recommend it. It's a very well engineered and put together toy.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I meant to get into that, I mentioned a couple posts back that there was less diecast than expected.

5. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After transforming it a couple of times, I think TakaraTomy made the right choice making the shell plastic. The transformation would rip off a lot of paint if the parts were die-cast. There seems to be quite a lot more rubbing of parts during transformation than with most Binaltech figures.

I think I would have preferred if they had done away with the die-cast in the core/torso as well and just lowered the MSRP instead.

One more thing. The "sticky" front wheel issue is still present in the retail piece. The bucket seat blasters are nice and tight though.

6. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Peaugh. I noticed in the review that you collapsed the chest first and then swung the arms around. On mine, swinging the arms around automorphs the chest collapse. (^-^)b

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I figured that out as well. I was using the instructions from that magazine scan a while back that made it look like pushing those panels forward popped the arms out. Turns out it's the reverse. :) 

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

That really looks fantastic. I'd love one, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it. How much should one expect to drop on this bad boy?

Still doesn't say Optimus Prime to me, but then again, Transformers fans have had it POUNDED into our heads that he's a Truck. Aside from Optimus Primal, but he had a cartoon to make that OK... well, for most of us. Not everyone digs Beast Wars, after all. :)  But a sports car? Interesting choice... I'd have thought a muscle car would make a better Optimus. Oh well. Doesn't bother me that much.

Great review. Makes me want one.

9. Late

Late New Member

I have tried so hard but my google -fu fails.. I would like to see high resolution pics of both red and silver alternity toys, trying to decide which one I want to buy or if I should just spend the moneys on binaltechs I dont yet have. help.

10. Pikachu_King

Alternity convoy, now shipping from BBTS! My order went through a couple hours ago, it's still in paid status but it'll probably ship out very soon.

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Okay, someone sent me this tip, and I can't for the life of me remember who, so my apologies.

If you have the sticky tires and the car won't roll well, check the treads. The widest section of tread on the tires (it'll make sense if you have the figure) should be on the INSIDE of the wheel, closest to the the car itself. If it isn't (and it wasn't on both of mine), pull off the tires and flip them around so it is. I did this to both my red and silver versions and now they both roll freely just fine!

12. Pikachu_King

Great tip, thanks. Mine will hopefully ship out in the next day or so... I currently plan on only getting red convoy, black convoy, and silver megatron... but silver convoy and blue megs are also tempting me... I love the look of this line.

Edit: also, Peaugh, do you ever plan to do a pictoral review of this guy?

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I had planned to, but there's already one up now. It's just been a busy couple of weeks at home and work so I haven't been as productive toy-wise as usual.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    still waiting on mine:( 

15. Kalel

Kalel Carnage Creations

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Kal El Reviews: Transformers Alternity Convoy (GTR Optimus Prime)

Transformers Alternity Convoy

Video Review of Transformers Takara Tomy Alternity Convoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Bert the Stormtrooper Reivews

Hello and welcome to "That's Just Prime!" Ep 92! Today we’re taking a look at Transformers Alternity A 01 Convoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzjWfG4rKQ

Be sure to leave a comment, “thumbs up”, subscribe and share!
    Thanks for watching!