Alternity Convoy (Vibrant Red) Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Transformers Alternity Convoy A-01 VIbrant Red (Reshoot) - YouTube

Summary: He's freaking sweet. He's kind of small but he doesn't FEEL small, if that makes sense. Lots of metal and plenty of heft, and some really neat transformation bits give him a nice poseable robot mode AND a pretty nice looking car with almost no robot kibble visible and a fully detailed interior, including rear seats. With the exception of the fact that the seats want to fold out with the arm cannons in robot mode, everything locks/clips into position perfectly, no looseness or floppiness in either mode once everything's in place. Transformation is satisfyingly complex without being difficult. TOTALLY worth the price IMO.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have money saved up for the last of the universe toys should I buy them or this? I really love this figure but the price is killing me. Any help would be much obliged.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I think he's worth the price, but it's up to you to decide what you want to buy for yourself.

4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice review! but why not reviewing on ur desk? :p 

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I want the Silver one. Or failing that, the rumored Black "Nemesis Convoy"-esque version. That toy is awesome, but I'd rather it not be Optimus. Maybe a new version of Freeway minus all the asshole personality.

6. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK thanks for the help.

7. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice review. I like it but I got a black one on pre order instead. Plus I think one day they might do a white magnus repaint which will really shine.

8. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    That looks great - I like the fact that he's petite and di-cast, that's a winning combination in my book.

Now if I could decide between red and silver...

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I was trying to get more light, and while I technically did, it's still looking dark. I may just go back to the Flip. HD is overrated on YouTube anyway.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I REALLY want this guy, but I only have $20... :cry 

11. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    It looks really awesome. Thanks for the review. The lighting didn't bother me at all.

Is that inner shin kibble right? It just seems wrong that the rest of the figure is so awesome, but the inner shin hangy things seem to stick out.

12. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Peaugh did you ever noticed when you pick the camera up and look down on the figures the lighting is perfect!? But as soon as you put the camera down the video gets darker!!

Strange.

A+ Review!

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No, there's a couple of tabs and pegs I missed in the lower legs. I'm going to reshoot tonight at work, I think, so I'll show it off then.The legs look LOADS better and are even more stable when you do it right.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your workplace filming setup always seems to end up looking a lot more vibrant on-camera, for some reason. I think you had the HD nailed pretty well in a past video...wasn't one of your first HD ones, wasn't one of the latest. I can't remember which. >.<

In this one I think the camera got futzed up by the natural light in the background. Seemed to be focusing on that over any other light sources.

And yeah, I personally find those sub-$300 HD digitals (I think you said that's what you're working with?) to be more hassle than they're worth. The ones I've messed with need a combination of perfect lighting and perfect distance. Any deviation and either the framerate or the focus goes balls crazy. :(  I think if the manufacturers added in manual focus it'd fix a ton of the problems people have with 'em, but that often ends up being a feature you only get on prosumer or high-end consumer models for some reason.

I just eventually used some built-up gift certificates and splurged on a Sony SR10 during Boxing Day sales. :lol 

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Might be the case. In all honestly, I've been using a 10MP digital camera that just happens to have an HD-video function. It really isn't a dedicated HD video cam, and I may look into getting one of those. As it is, I think I'm going to go back to the flip until I can nab a better dedicated video cam. I get pretty decent vids from it, and really, HD on youtube isn't all it's cracked up to be yet. I reshot the Alternity Convoy video here at work with my Flip, and while I haven't been able to upload it yet due to the YT maintenance, I'm much happier with the overall quality. I'll have to bring the HD cam into work and see if that helps, but if not I have no problem sticking with the Flip for a while.

16. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Glad I've got this guy on preorder with megatron, thanks Peaugh for the review!

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Okay, the reshot video is uploading now. I'll replace the vid in the first post with it once it's available, but I'll leave the original up until then for those interested.

18. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Great figure, great review. His legs look a little messy, but still awesome. I'm on the fence about getting the silver one, decision decisions.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Watch the updated video when it goes live. The legs look MUCH better properly transformed.

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Okay the reshoot is uploaded. I stuck it into the first post (the first video is still available on my YT page)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016