Alternity Convoy Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Is this figure going to be a US release, and available at regular stores? Just curious.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As far as anyone knows, no.

3. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not. I has the complexity of a leader class, but he is only a bit bigger than a deluxes, so people would not buy him in store.

I could see him sold as a special edition figure via Hasbro toyshop but this is still unlikely.

4. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Hasbro has said no, but I guess they could always change their tune.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly don't see how they could. He just wouldn't be cost affective for them given the complexity of the toy (he's as complex as a leader class toy) vs the size class that they'd want to put him in being that he's as big as a deluxe. Sure, they might be able to cut costs by doing him all in plastic, but from what we learned during the Alternators/Binaltech run was that they actually had to have a different mold tooled for use with the all plastic versions, because you couldn't use a mold for both diecast and plastic (something about the way it's made or some such). So, unless they'd planned to from the begining, they'd have to spend more money to create molds for all the diecast parts on the toy for plastic use.

The only way I could see them coming to the states is if they released them under their own banner (IE: not under Universe or a Universe like line in which they'd have to conform to a certain price point as some fans have suggested), but I also don't see this as happening because, again, Alternity Convoy (and presumably Megatron as well) would be the size of Hasbro's Deluxe Class offering, but they would have to charge more for it do to the parts and complexity (and I doubt they'd pull something like they did with the RID Trainbots... where they were released as Voyagers, but it really wasn't cost affective for them to have done so, because they had so many parts or some such vs the toys actual size).

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I doubt it very much seeing as neither of the Hybrid style toys were brought over by Hasbro. If you want him I suggest you find the best price you can and import.

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't hold your breath. Just bite the bullet and buy it from one of the sponsor's here. I just got the vibrant red version and it's my favorite TF right now. I like the smaller scale and the mix of die-cast and plastic is done right. I would rate it 9.5 out of 10.