Minor/Repaint: Alternatrors Decepticamshaft

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I rarely do commissions (and I'll be taking a much needed break to do some of my own work), but this request was too odd to pass up. A TFan asked me to make a custom for him and simply wanted his Alt Camshaft metallic green. As payment, he sent me a MIB Alt Camshaft. :) 

I ended up mixing my own metallic green (since I couldn't get it at my local Wal*mart). I am REALLY happy with the green I came up with (and I'll go ahead and say that I'll be using it for my 2nd Alt Springer to replace the one I gave to my best friend for Christmas this past year). Also, his Camshaft has broken mirrors, so I got a kit nearby [my table :lol ] and used the mirrors from it.

Anyways, a few WIP photos (taken over the course of a few months):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

. . . and the head design:

[​IMG]

. . . and I finally finished him tonight! Here are some snapshots of the final piece; enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShawnL7

ShawnL7 Old School Transfan

I really like this. Once again, you have done a phenominal job on another custom. That paint looks flawless. It's just too bad you have to send it away now. Hey, maybe you can do one for me ! LOL

3. ShawnL7

ShawnL7 Old School Transfan

I really like this. Once again, you have done a phenominal job on another custom. That paint looks flawless. It's just too bad you have to send it away now. Hey, maybe you can do one for me ! LOL

4. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    That paint job is smooth, again my friend very nice work.

5. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    That paint job is smooth, again my friend very nice work.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh man, that is very cool! That green is beautiful! Excellent job on mixing that color.....and the paint job....flawless IMO.

Another fantastic job there SQ7 :thumb 

7. plowking

News Credits:
    Oh man, that is very cool! That green is beautiful! Excellent job on mixing that color.....and the paint job....flawless IMO.

Another fantastic job there SQ7 :thumb 

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

NICE! There just aren't enough green sports-car Transformers. It's a really unique look.

The application is flawless, and the head looks great with those green horns. Great job! I think your customer will be very pleased. :) 

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

NICE! There just aren't enough green sports-car Transformers. It's a really unique look.

The application is flawless, and the head looks great with those green horns. Great job! I think your customer will be very pleased. :) 

10. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    again, you're the best painter I've seen on these boards. Great job as usual man.

11. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    again, you're the best painter I've seen on these boards. Great job as usual man.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys have floored me with your comments! I really appreciate it! I hope he'll be happy, too!

I'd love to truthfully be able to accept the "flawless paint app" comments though, but I can't :(  The metallic green I mixed applies very thinly (even though the viscosity of the paint is very thick). The brushstrokes are a tad more visible on this one with certain parts [but thanks to wet sanding, they can't be felt anyways! All of the parts are smooooth! :D ].

e3nine, your compliment absolutely floors me. Given the wide spectrum of talent just on this board, that's one of the best on-line compliments I've been paid. I read your post and my jaw literally dropped.

Again, thanks for the comments guys! I always enjoy sharing :) 

[***just in case no one noticed, Rollbar there in the back scoping things out was drying off a bit himself; I painted the black parts on him that were *ahem* looked over. Also, a closer look will preview one of my upcoming projects . . . :D  These photos also give a glimpse into my workspace, hehehe]

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys have floored me with your comments! I really appreciate it! I hope he'll be happy, too!

I'd love to truthfully be able to accept the "flawless paint app" comments though, but I can't :(  The metallic green I mixed applies very thinly (even though the viscosity of the paint is very thick). The brushstrokes are a tad more visible on this one with certain parts [but thanks to wet sanding, they can't be felt anyways! All of the parts are smooooth! :D ].

e3nine, your compliment absolutely floors me. Given the wide spectrum of talent just on this board, that's one of the best on-line compliments I've been paid. I read your post and my jaw literally dropped.

Again, thanks for the comments guys! I always enjoy sharing :) 

[***just in case no one noticed, Rollbar there in the back scoping things out was drying off a bit himself; I painted the black parts on him that were *ahem* looked over. Also, a closer look will preview one of my upcoming projects . . . :D  These photos also give a glimpse into my workspace, hehehe]

14. plowking

News Credits:
    Hey, you did a great job!.....and I'm not the type of person to give out compliments just because either....you deserve the praise on this one...like I said earlier, its awesome....

And I noticed the SmokeStreak in the background too.....is that what you and I talked about earlier?

15. plowking

News Credits:
    Hey, you did a great job!.....and I'm not the type of person to give out compliments just because either....you deserve the praise on this one...like I said earlier, its awesome....

And I noticed the SmokeStreak in the background too.....is that what you and I talked about earlier?

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man, that is some slick paint work. I do however wonder why the blue was left in bot mode. It doesn't really match the green.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man, that is some slick paint work. I do however wonder why the blue was left in bot mode. It doesn't really match the green.

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks, pk. I know ya well enough to know to confirm what you said, which is why I appreciate the praise for my work :thumb 

. . . and that would be an affirmative . . . :D  (lol @ "SmokeStreak"*)

*Smokestreak has another buddy too, Silverscreen, though Silverscreen is a bit more camera-shy)

IG, you and pk are from the same mold I believe with what he said about compliments; much appreciated!

As for the blue, the client gave me specific instructions on what to do, and I followed. That's the simple answer. :D 

Personally, I was a bit skeptical as to how the blue would go with the green, but after I finished I was pleasantly surprised. Blue doesn't match green, but it's a classic color scheme that does work well (a study in color theory would yield the same).

The comments from my wife are as follows:

"I LOVE that color of green."

"The blue and green go really well together."

(Lisa is straight-shootin', too; she'll tell anyone really quick if she doesn't like something and why. :) )

Guys, thank you again for the compliments; I REALLY do appreciate the feedback :thumb 

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks, pk. I know ya well enough to know to confirm what you said, which is why I appreciate the praise for my work :thumb 

. . . and that would be an affirmative . . . :D  (lol @ "SmokeStreak"*)

*Smokestreak has another buddy too, Silverscreen, though Silverscreen is a bit more camera-shy)

IG, you and pk are from the same mold I believe with what he said about compliments; much appreciated!

As for the blue, the client gave me specific instructions on what to do, and I followed. That's the simple answer. :D 

Personally, I was a bit skeptical as to how the blue would go with the green, but after I finished I was pleasantly surprised. Blue doesn't match green, but it's a classic color scheme that does work well (a study in color theory would yield the same).

The comments from my wife are as follows:

"I LOVE that color of green."

"The blue and green go really well together."

(Lisa is straight-shootin', too; she'll tell anyone really quick if she doesn't like something and why. :) )

Guys, thank you again for the compliments; I REALLY do appreciate the feedback :thumb 

20. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I know the green and blule combo wasn't your idea, but that was the first thing I liked about this custom. I mean it's obviously a great paint job on your part. I just love the green and blue combo. A good example for nay-sayers is the the Seattle Seahawks and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Sure a darker blue typically follows a bright green but your colors work well too. p.s. I'm the kinda guy that matches all his outfits, shoes and all :p