Alternators

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblebee765, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Never knew Jazz was proto'd as a Porsche! Had to track down a pic and urgh.....it's terrible. I can't see past an Asian man with a visor over his face either :lol  Just doesn't shout Jazz to me....even tho it's the correct manufacturer.

[​IMG]

Is it just me but a modern Porsche just doesn't suit being a robot...especially with that hold up bonnet as a chest. The Mazda looks better than that.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    that just looks like an overall poor design and bad use of a porsche license. glad it never saw the light of day and we got the RX-8 instead.

I'm a fan of the RX-7/8 body styles anyway so I was very happy with jazz and shocky.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have a couple alternators..and absolutely love them

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's just you :)  I would have so enjoyed having this toy. However, I'm thrilled with the RX-8 mold.

:thumb 

Fourth in line here is the Jeep Wrangler! Check it:

[​IMG]

(I'd like to dedicate this post to my friend, plowking. Thanks for all of the good times, bud :) )

Attached Files:

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
  6. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Got a few of these (Prime, Rodimus, Wheeljack, Windcharger, Silverstreak, Shockblast, Jag Ravage, Tracks, the black Viper can't remember the name, Swindle and I think that's it). Very nice figures and a good size too fits in well with MP-01 and worth getting if you an find them.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

Eh, I like it except for the lower legs, which throw everything off, imo. Might help if he had his arms down at his side instead of angled back for no reason. Makes me wonder if it's mistransformed as well.

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Here's a few more photos, taken closer to when it was actually designed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Source: Remy's Transformers)

Attached Files:

9. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    News of MP Sideswipe has me excited to go dig out my box of Alternators! I think I had most of them. All except the 2nd Ravage, the 2 con exclusives, Camshaft and Riccochet. Those last 2 were easier to pass on since they were straight repaints. And I was too impatient/worried about plastic quality to wait for the U.S. releases of Smokescreen and Hound when the line was new.

This was such a great line and it still is in many ways. The alt modes are really convincing! They did such a great job simulating the preassembled model cars that were especially popular at the time, right down to the aligned motion of the front wheels. The only drawback for me would be that maybe keeping the interiors and the steering gimmick may have added a bit more complexity than was needed in an already complex toy, but the results are still impressive.

It's interesting to learn that Sideswipe was initially planned as Tracks! Something always bugged me about that one, but I think it worked out a bit better as Sunstreaker so that's good.

I'm going to go check these guys out again and once again debate whether I should go ahead and slap the stickers that came with Swerve onto Tracks. I predict that I won't this time.

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was Shockblast(wave) that really got me back in to collecting seriously. I have this displayed with XK Ravage later.

These great cars were the lynch pin in starting a project to create a Decepticar mixed scale line up.

For some reason I'm not a fan of the Alternator Honda Rumble, it just doesn't do anything for me and I'm looking forward to the RiD (?) mold just recently revealed. I've skipped Alt Swindle in favour of FP Munitioner in the display as part of the line up. Would you guys recommend or persuade me to switch to Alt Swindle or Rumble over the smaller newer versions?

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

This line was an amazing line, but one that was plagued with distribution issues and shelf warmers that were still cool.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, Jazz as a Porsche would have been sweet. To bad VW are a bunch of pu55y.

Hey VW, we all know history and that you started with the Nazi movement. But just as an FYI, both these "war machines" are good guys you pansies.

And trust me, just because your PR wants us to forget, doesn't mean we will. Just let freaking Hasbro have the damn rights already. Your being beyond silly at this point.

13. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BT Smokescreen was the first non-G1 Transformer I ever bought and was a huge factor in me starting to collect Transformers as an adult.

He's still my favourite BT. Jazz is a close second (and the RX-8 Jazz actually turned out better than the Porsche prototype above if you ask me).

14. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

I want Takara/Hasbro to release more. I want an official Binaltech/Alternator Soundwave. Maybe as suped up import car.