Alternators

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

I just have a quick question. Will Hasbro.com ever restock Nemesis Prime?? I know it was a comic-con and HTS exclusive, but I was holding out some hope.:rolleyes2 
    I see that they have Primus with the Unicron head avalible, and that was supposed to be limited.
    If not, do you think that the regular Prime will ever ship out again to places like Wal-mart or Target? I know I'm late but I just started collecting about 3 months ago, the classics got me started!!

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro restock? Not likely. It can be purchased at other sites however. One of our sponsors has the piece in stock, but it will cost you a little bit:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS12525&mode=retail

Standard Alternators Prime is pretty common by now, though his online stock is dwindling, I have seen him quite a few times in my hunt for a Camshaft.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Why did Camshaft get shortpacked so much? Was it because he was just filler material?

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good question. I thought he looked pretty cool and was looking forward to adding him to my collection. I searched and searched from the first I read he was found, and never once did I see him.

It doesn't look like he will be showing up in a future wave either, so I may have to resort to Ebay after all. :( 

5. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Me too :thumbdown  I was able to find Swerve easier than I have been with Camshaft.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Camshaft was the only Alt I had to go to ebay for (besides Nemesis). Oddly enough, he seems/seemed to be easy to find in Canada. The one I snagged is in a Canadian box. So not only is he the rarest Alt I have, he's the only "international" one I have.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Canada's not another nation, for the miniscule cultural differences it's more like a suburb.

8. Abrogate

News Credits:
    the box is in multiple languages though, it's not the same as the American box, that's what I meant

9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

A suburb filled with aliens.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    And I never found Camshaft either. Is it worth braving Winnipeg?

11. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

There's tons of Camshafts here, if someone REALLY wants one, PM me. We can work something out… muahahahaha!

12. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

The only reason I have Camshaft is cause I MUST have all the Alternators! :) 

If I was collecting them casually, I'd have passed. It's not one of the better ones. Kinda half-assed compared to the likes of Mirage and such. The paint apps on his upper arms are facing te wrong way. I had to do an arm swap to get his stripes facing forward and the plastic on him just feels cheap and IMO it's an ugly colour. Silver would have been nicer.

The only true novelty is the license plate: Rhode Island.

13. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

What happened to Mirage? Was he released in the US or was that another Japanese only Alt?

14. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    He was released in the US and was slightly easier to find than Camshaft. I heard on one of the TF boards that there were some Camshafts that shipped without heads. I don't know if this was true or a rumor but I haven't seen a Camshaft at all in my area (though I do know some people have found him though...)

15. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, Mirage came out here. He was in one of the waves with Prime. But, there was never a Binaltech version of him. It got remolded into KISS Hot Rodimus.

16. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Quite the opposite. He hasnt been released in Japan at all. He's just been hard to find. However, he is supposed to be part of the next (and last) wave, so you'll have another chance at him.

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I've never seen Camshaft either. So far I'm missing him Wheeljack and Decepticharge.

18. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

Only one more wave coming out!!?? When is this wave coming and who are they?? I havent been collecting long, and I dont have one Alternator!! I would love to have Nem. Prime, Prime, and Mirage. Also, where is the best place to find them; Target or Wal-mart?
    Thanks!!

19. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I have NEVER seen Mirage.

I want one of the Ford GTs to add to the collection, really bad.
    But since Mirage is nowhere to be found in my area, I might have to order online.

I'm saving up for KP Hot Rodimus, as well...

20. Abrogate

News Credits:
    not entirely sure. we're hoping it's before the end of this month, but there's no sign of them as of yet

Ravage, Rumble, and Mirage

shoulda started in 2004 then ;) 

You'll never see Nemesis again. He wasnt sold in stores, and he was a very limited piece even when he was sold (at a convention). He was sold in a few countries (Singapore mainly) and can still be found on ebay, but he'll never be at retail price.

You might be able to find Optimus in stores if you look hard enough. Depends on whether you have any stores that are currently stocking. Mirage is in the same wave as Optimus, and he'll be in the next wave too, so you might be able to find him one day.