Minor/Repaint: Alternators VTEC (Sideswipe's First Body)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Squall42080, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here is a custom for all the Sideswipe fans out there...

I've been working on this guy since October...and I'm just about 95% complete...just a few spots need touching up...and some decals...and I'm all done.

Then I'll officially hve an Alternator of my real life car...a 2005 milano red Acura RSX Type-S!

Here's a pic of the real thing:
    [​IMG]

I just had to take this comparison shot of what I am going to call Sideswipe's old body vs Sideswipe's new body.

Here's the story I'm going with...which should tie into the BinalTech story...

I'm gonna go with the RSX body getting damaged in battle...but Sideswipe gets rebuilt into the Viper...but with the help of G1 Red Alert, and G1 Ratchet...and of course my Armada Red Alert...Sideswipe's old body is repaired, and an artificial intelligence program similar to the one that Zoom-Zoom is built on is implanted in the RSX body. The AI develops a personality after being taken in by the Autobot Brothers - Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, and choses the name VTEC.

[​IMG]

2. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

It came out really nice, very good job! Any chance of alt mode pics?

3. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Now that's how Sideswipe was meant to look! :) 

4. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    You betcha...I'll take better ones when everything is complete...

I should have a full gallery ready on TFMaster.com pretty soon. I'll post the link when its ready...but for now, here's a look at the Alternate mode:
    (This picture was taken a while ago...right before I re-attached the rear wheels and finished the interior. This is before the windshield and the sunroof were finished, but its the best I got...)

[​IMG]

Here's a look at the sunroof. This was the prototype design...I actually made it bigger now...but this was the test to see if it could be done and look right...)
    [​IMG]

5. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

That's fawkin' awesome, dude! I daresay, that thing looks official. The paintwork is flawless, and that sunroof is all kinds of sweet.

I wonder, whatever became of those working headlamps you were making?

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work.:thumb 

7. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I actually saw VTEC cruising through my neighborhood...hahaha, my friend was able to snap this quick picture of him...
    [​IMG]

Just Kidding...here's pics of the actual toy...hahaha
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I had to blur most of it out, but you can see the license plate decal that I made...and yes it is my real world license plate that I took a picture of. The decal really doesn't look good in the pic...but in real life it looks awesome.
    [​IMG]

There is also a decal that says RSX on the left side under the lip spoiler, and another that says Type-S on the right side, and an Acura "A" in the middle. The camera and flash kinda overpower the decals.

You can also see the sunroof in this pic:
    [​IMG]