Minor/Repaint: Alternators VTEC / Sideswipe's First Body...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Squall42080, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My idea basically is to turn Alternator Prowl into a stock milano red Acura RSX Type-S...which is the car that I own.

I already know that he is going to look very similar to G1 Sideswipe...in the way he transforms, the color, and the head I have chosen (Alt Sideswipe).

So my background story is gonna go along the lines of this body originally being planned as Sideswipe, but the body gets damaged and Sideswipe is put in the Viper body instead. Then the autobots rebuild the RSX body as VTEC...who develops a relationship with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker much the same way that Zoom-Zoom attached to Meister.

Attached Files:

2. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here's where I'm stuck...the windshield can't be removed because of the way the interior meshes together with the pieces of the windshield. Pins seem to hold them together, and there is no way I can think of to remove them...

Anyone know what to do?

[​IMG]

3. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:36 pm Post subject: Progress So Far...

Here is where I am as far as progress...

The Hood, front bumper, rear bumper, rear hatch and side fenders are all done.

I also used some nickel shimmer Krylon Fusion paint for the upper arms, the handle on the nightstick, and parts of the engine. The cool thing about the nickel shimemr paint is that it really gave the engine...the "engine" look.

I have also finished painting the feet, and I did paint the lower arms, but I didn't like how they turned out. I also took a picture of my license plate this morning, so that I can make a decal out of it, and put it on good ol' VTEC here...

[​IMG]

4. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here is the planned color scheme...except for the arms...which I made silver...

[​IMG]

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Amazing work! It's so awesome to have a TF of your own car, now if only they would come out with a 2002 Dodge Caravan Transformer... :) 

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    QUE BUENO QUE ESTA!!!! :rock  Add the head, add the head!!!!

7. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Ooh, can't wait to see the end result. This looks better than the blue binaltech version.

8. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

how come Squall's picture files always give me the broken picture link "X"?

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    holy HELL that is freakin' hot!!!!! *faints* the red is just PERFECT! beautiful... can't wait to see when you finish it!

-Andy

10. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Nice work it looks great!
    I want a 1991 mustang hatchback transformer....

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking awesome so far!:thumb 

12. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Holy wow! That red looks absolutely perfect, almost as if it came like that right out the box. That thing's gonna look ace when it's done. :thumbs2: 

13. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesomw :thumb 

14. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Well, I have managed to figure out how to get that stubborn pin out...it wasn't easy...but at least its done.

What I did, was I heated the pin up with a soldering iron, and quickly hammered the pins from the outside of Prowl's body inwards...once one was hammered all the way in...the other side can just be slid off...

I have also had some success in adding headlights to VTEC...I really like how they look! I used two white LEDs which turned out a little more bluish, and wired them to a keyless entry battery CR2025...I'm going to try and mount the battery permanently in the chest. If I can figure it out, it works...awesome, if it doesn't, its no big deal to me...cause really I just wanted to make my car an Alternator...at least maybe smeone thats a little more in tune with electronics can work to make something like this!

I have finished 90% of the external car pieces...all painted in red. As soon as I feel they are good enought to assemble...I will begin work on the interior...(still gotta find a putty to fill in the roof where I removed the lightbar...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sweet. I've been wishing to do that to my extra Alt Shockblast, for his gun at least and perhaps his head. I've just not gotten up the guts to start caving on him *L*

Andy

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

the light man, pure awesome. Now I have to try that.

17. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey man. Adding those LEDs to the headlights are one of the best ideas I've seen on any alternator kitbash. Awesome job. Hope you do find a way to keep them in there. :thumb 

18. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here is the last update for the weekend...I'm expecting to complete this piece by next weekend...or shortly thereafter.

As far as the sunroof...the good thing is that the roof piece is made of clear plastic...so if I was to remove all of the white paint, and mask a sunroof shaped rectangle off...and paint it red it should be cool...and then I can just get some transparent dark paint, and paint the underside...to give it the glass look...still in the works. However...I also have to fill in the holes left from the lightbar...which might be a pain in the ass...(never worked with resin or epoxy...)

Can I put clear plastic in alcohol? It'll cloud up won't it? I guess if I'm careful...

I have also taken pics of my license plate, and emblems...so that they are correct...(I have the JDM Type-S emblems on my car now...)

[​IMG]

19. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

That second or third pic of the head and legless Prowl is going to haunt me forever.

Otherwise, awesome job.

20. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

If I remember right(could be wrong, I a RX-7 guy), only the US and probley Canada have the Type-S, while Japan has the Integra Type-R. But I checked the Honda JP site and it was not listed, so they might have ended production already.

But no matter. If possable could you post some more pics of your wiring and such? I was plaining to do the same thing with my Prowl and do a little converting on him.