Minor/Repaint: Alternators Targetmaster Ricochet

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here is my Targetmaster partner . . . well partners for Ricochet. I used some pretty random things for my second scratchbuild (on piece of plastic was just in the junk bucket 'o parts that I keep of just, well random parts :tftongue ), but can anyone guess the other four [main] pieces used? (well the piece for the post was a combo of random pieces from junked out model kits, but there is the main connector piece that is from a pretty recognizible object) Anyways, enjoy and here are a couple of pics from the gallery itself:

Targetmaster TM Ricochet Radicons Customs Gallery

Photobucket Gallery

I just didn't want to bombard a whole thread with a ton of images, so you can go to the gallery in the Radicons Customs Gallery to view more photos :wink: 

Just in case you guys were wondering what I made Nightstick out of, I made the parts identification image just for fun. I think most of you guys note the two Minicons to Sideways, Rook and Crosswise. The barrel was made out of a Bic mechanical pencil and a random piece of junk plastic. The handle was made from one of those earpieces to a pair of eyeglasses, another piece of random plastic, and two small pieces from a junked out SW model kit. :D 

When I revisit this Alternator Ricochet project, I do want to do a few more things:

Consider options to make each smaller robot guns themselves
    Mount for vehicle mode
    Shoulder mount for robot mode
    **UPDATE 08-29-09: My new version takes care of the shoulder mount. I'll consider the smaller guns for the others when I reassign them. I'll be looking at the vehicle mode mount too :) **

For now I'm moving back to my Altenators Screamer custom (this TM project was initiated late last year when I was planning on making a RX-8 Ricochet, shelved when I heard Hasbro was making Ricochet, then put back on the table while Alternators Sunstorm was drying). When I finish Screamer, I'll have my Alternators Seekers project I started last May complete! After I finish him, who knows? Surprised :D 

**UPDATE circa 2010: The update for a shoulder mount as detailed from 08-29-09 was completed, but I ended up replacing these with a Nightstick from Universe 2.0 Cyclonus. The Targetmasters have yet to be reassigned.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

oooh oooh, sideways minicons! maybe? but man, I know you can take better pics than those, you gotta reshoot. they're way too hazy and washed out. that's a really neat idea, and I'd love to see some more detail and closer pics, as well

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nice work. I like that alot.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll be reshooting. I wanted to shoot some daytime pics, but I had a few setbacks. I plan to reshoot all of my Alts/BTs (customs and non-customs) for other purposes anyways. With midterms creeping around the corner, I am very fortunate just to have these though. I thought that I did provide some pretty close-up pics in the gallery (the hyperlinked text) though . . . :peoples:  :huh There are 11 pics total here, not just 2 :thumbs2: 

5. AutobotWonko

AutobotWonko Toy Pimp

That is sweet! Good work. :) 

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    That kicks so much crazy ass!!!

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's some nice lookin' firepower.:thumb 

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's clever, dude. Good work. :thumb 

9. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Those are nice man. That makes me think that Hasbro should start making more mini-con into weapons.

10. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

That is seriously cool. :rock 

**edit: woot! New page #41 that's back to back new pages :D 

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Cool! Ricochet needed a targetmaster gun too. Now he looks complete.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I realize this thread is pretty old, but it's not without reason. I have an update! :) 

Ever since we got a Nightstick for Universe Cyclonus, I got the idea to bond Nightstick with my Alt Ricochet. Wait! My Alt Ricochet already has binary partners, just as this thread illustrates. Well, let's just say that these guys have been . . . reassigned. As with many of my recent updates, I'm only teasing with this thread. However, I'm a huge G1 fan, and my new solution has me more pleased than this one even did. I've done all of the mechanical work, and now I'm just left with some painting and minor adjustments.

Also, check the "In the Life of a Radicon" blog for an interesting bit of Superquad7 customs trivia. I'll do more than tease there :) 

I would like to take the opportunity to thank each of you that replied in this thread. You have made my custom even more enjoyable than when I first made it. My new update doesn't come easy, as I really like these guys. They're not gone completely though! You'll see 'em again. I promise :) 

13. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Very cool, very resourceful.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props! I had fun tinkering around with those random pieces originally. I've always enjoyed using things like that :) 

I hope that one can tell that as much as I like how this turned out, I'm much more excited about my update :)