Minor/Repaint: alternators subaru prowl from ricochet

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by openchallenge, Apr 10, 2011.

1. openchallenge

openchallenge Plastic based

Hey guys, I'm messing around with an alternators ricochet, just trying to see how easily I can get a decent prowl out of it. I'm hoping to post progress in a blog style so please leave thoughts and check further in the thread for updates in the progress of the custom.

Please note that I have learned a lot in this process and already have another ricochet on the way to do a crisper overall job. I will hopefully do a tutorial aimed at beginners like myself because I think I can make this a pretty easy project for people. Oh, and also this will sadly not be G1 accurate but more like some alternators tend to be G1 enough to make you like it. you'll hopefully see.

as you can see, the robot mode is already recognizable he looks like a generations box painting in hand. I like it :) 
    View attachment 27221045

I decided that I was focusing on the robot mode too much so I bought this to help the alt mode. I looked at it for a couple minutes for inspiration and then tore the roof off of it and took the lights for prowl. the car was bolted to the bottom of the box. you aren't supposed to open these, made me feel guilty :D 
    View attachment 27221046

I used some tiny dremel bits to drill pilot holes in the lights and used the roof of the car i ruined as a template to mark the holes on prowls roof. I used #1 screws from edge connectors to secure the lights. Boring but look! It's a cop car! sorry about the very not tight altmode.
    View attachment 27221047

Thats it for now. I'm making this up as I go along. I just thought of the light thing today and was wierded out that walmart has a wide variety of 1/24 scale police cars on hand for some reason. I have the reprolables prowl set on the way which is for use with bt asterisk alert so I will be repurposing what I can out of it. Thanks and let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm thinking this looks good so far! :thumb 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Though I know your intent is a "blog-style" thread, that can still take place here in Customs. You've certainly got enough work to show already here :) 

Keep up the good work! Whatever you end up doing for a "tutorial" type follow-along, I can resource that as well :thumb 

Hopefully, the next time we hang out again, you'll have this to show me finished :D 

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nice to see some BT/ALT's getting some love here.

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree.