Minor/Repaint: Alternators Stakeout

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Here is the gallery to my custom Alternators Stakeout. He is the second of my Cybertronian Police force (the first one being Hot Pursuit, my first custom ever Stakeout is made from a Ravage, Swerve roof, and a repro Tracks head. I added the light bar and my own custom labels. Also, though the repro head rocks, there was an air bubble on his mouth. I then decided to carve out a new mouth. I am pleased with the result. I also added a Gundam rifle, courtesy of Cybertronian Artifacts.

Stakeout is originally a G1 Micromaster police car and I just liked the name as it seems indicative to being another patrol cruiser 'staking out' for speeders and such.

I guess Stakeout holds a special place in my heart because of his link to Hot Pursuit, who got me into customizing to begin with. It was just neat to create Stakeout and then look back at Hot Pursuit to see my progress from the start of my Alt customs to the present time. It's hard to believe that I started December 2004 with customizing Alts. Time flies when you're having fun! Or maybe I'm just that hardcore about Alt customs . . .

Anyways, enjoy the gallery(s)! Constructive feedback welcome!

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Hot Damn man, I remebmer the first one when it came out, and this one looks to live up to the standard set by it.

I like the badge on the hood.

3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you are referring to the one I posted about a month ago in my "WiP" thread, it's the same one with a few tweaks. I painted the chest white, repainted the head with a less busy paint job, and added some subtle body paint apps.

The first time, I just kept looking at him and things didn't "make sense" or fit together like I had wanted them to. So I revisited the idea while I was revisting Springer (I added the "Boss" stripes to him), and this was the result.

In my mind, Hot Pursuit set my standard of Alt customs. This is very funny because Hot Pursuit (which I created in mid Dec. - early Jan.) was my first Alt custom, and only my second custom anything. From there I've just kept the standard going. Like I said, it's strange looking back to HP a little less than a year ago and seeing all that has taken place in my Alt-land here. :sly: 

4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

these are great, i love the police cars best

5. ikon

ikon Decepticon Leader

nice job man.... those are sweet.

6. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    looks good i dont really collect alternators. but id buy that one if they mass produced it. sweet job!

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the positive feedback! It's much appreciated!

Also, I'd like to give props to doomtron for his feedback: if I can get someone who doesn't necessarily buy Alts to say "hey, I'd buy this one," I think my work has reached a certain level that I'm happy with! :rock 

I hope I don't run the risk of sounding pompous, but I enjoy my customs as much (if not more in some cases than) some of the actual factory releases. The process is just loads fun and the results are really satisfying. It make being a TransFan feel really good! :D 

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lovely! I'd take this over Swerve any day! :rock 

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks! I actually used the roof from Swerve, the body of Ravage, and a repro Tracks head. In essence, he is all 3 combined!

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Hey where did you get the repro Tracks head? I'd like to get my hands on a couple of repro'd Alt. heads for some stuff I'm hoping to do but havent found anywhere I can get them.

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

WOW!!!

That is one awsome looking custom. I'd buy it! :rock 

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My source asked for me not to reveal him, so I have to respect that. However, Ken of Transrepro.com has said that he will be making some. So, just hang tight, it sounds like they're on the way!

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Coolness! That makes me feel good because my goal is to make customs that I feel equate themselves to the factory models so I feel confident displaying them side by side without one feeling inferior or "homemade" to the other. So far, I feel pretty good about that. :D 

14. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    That's cool, you gotta respect your sources. I'll keep an eye out at Transrepro. Thanks.