Customs: Alternators Soundwave

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    So I was thinking of making Animated Soundwave using ALternators Skids, since Soundwave transformed into a modified Scion xB. I'm planning on using Cybertron Soundwave's head, and I've run into a small problem with his head.

I was able to pop it off fine, and take the screw out of the back, but I can't seem to find a way to pop it open and pull out the grey neck piece inside it without possibly damaging the head. Anyone have ideas?

2. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I never took the head apart to look inside it, but if you have a dremel you could always -carefully- sand and/or cut the part off.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Check with Superquad7 he used the same Alt and head to make his Alt Soundblaster.

:thumb 

4. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    I'll check with him then, thanks! I didn't want to accidentally ruin Soundwave's head, since I can't find a good Cyb Soundwave around anymore, and I don't want to go eBay hunting lol.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd just like to say that as long as you're not planning on selling the custom and as long as you cite me as the source, I'm cool with it. :wink: 

As for the head, IRRC, it's superglued on. You simply need to take an exacto knife and pry it apart. I've not removed my Cyb Blaster head to make another similar custom, but the light piping isn't painted, it's dyed. Count on painting that part the color you want (unless you want to keep the purple). My Alternators Soundblaster has red eyes, but they're not light-piped because of this issue.

I hope that helps :) 

6. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    That helps alot, thanks. Any tips on what to use to shrink the size of the neck/ball joint on Skids so Soundwave's had will fit on?

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I don't recall doing that. Typically, if I have to make modifications of this sort, I do it to the head itself.

8. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    Ohh I see..I looked inside the head, and I can't see anyway to make modifications to it without possibly cutting/damaging the light piping for the eyes i was going to keep. How did you modify the head then?

9. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

updates?

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I've slept since then, so my memory's a little foggy. However, I'll be making another custom using the same head, so perhaps when I get to it then (and if you've not made your custom) I can give you a bit more insight. :)  I do know that I did keep the light piping, but it didn't do me any good since the light piping was purple and I wanted red eyes.

11. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    I haven't made my custom yet lol. I was thinking of maybe using sand paper to sand down the size of the ball joint...But I thought that might make it uneven so I didn't. But yeah when you get around of making your custom, any help you cna give me on it would be greatly appreciated ^_^;

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I would MUCH rather drill the ball SOCKET larger than sand the ball JOINT down. As you said, you'd get it uneven, and you also still risk making the joint too loose. You should have no problems doing this with that head, even if you partially remove some of the translucent plastic that is the light-piping. It will still work even if you did.