Minor/Repaint: Alternators Shackblast, a long overdue gallery

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm still "getting to know" my new digicam, so my pics are not up to snuff like I want em, but I am still working with it, taking more and more pics to get better and better pics. These pics are so so, but I've had this custom done a long time. Shackblast has been wanting his own gallery for quite some time, so I had to deliver.

I have had Shackblast done well since the end of September/early October, but the idea had started rolling around about February/March of 05. A guy I go to seminary with has a gray RX-8, and each day as I would walk by his car, this idea kept rolling round in my mind. With my customs, I generally want to keep the color pallet to stock manufacturer colors (however, soon, I'm going to be hypocritical with my Seeker Alt Imprezas, but I did research their schemes as well, more news at 11). He's been sitting here waiting (just like a bunch of my other customs) for me to get a new digicam so he could get his own gallery.

For this custom, I didn't want him to be a straight repaint of Shockblast, so I used a Meister body. I painted the eye and gun of Shockblast translucent red and it retains it's transparency. I threw in a pic (horrible the pic is, yes I know) just to show this.

The gray is actually a gray and silver I mixed together myself. I doubt any pics I could take would pick this up, but the paint has a metal flake/sparkle to it with the paints I mixed. I am really pleased with the result. I also mixed up a metallic red of similar fashion for the red detailing. Shackblast has been one of my favorite customs yet, despite his simplicity (it's a gray RX-8).

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Dude that is so fucking cool!

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Now thats something I didn't think I would ever see. Cool!

4. Sledge

Sledge Well-Known Member

Nice!

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hey guys, glad you like my custom! I hope to have updated pics when I have a nice, overcast day!

6. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Awesome job

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that's an interesting choice for a custom! Nicely done!:thumb 

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    d00d, simple but awesome!

like in g1, actually competes with the original in cool factor.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    One thing I was going for even in develpment of the idea and concept was for Shockblast to have a bit of competition for the mantle of leadership of the Decepticon Alts. After I finished Shackblast and put him on the shelf with all of my other Decepticons (and right beside Shockblast), I felf that I had really pulled it off. They create a nice balance, a ying and yang if you will.

Hopefully soon, I'll have a picture of my shelves of Alts. I'm holding out because I want to wait until I get all of my Alt Seekers finished before I reveal all 7 of those guys :D 

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

dude, I just took a look at your customs page, they're amazing! I remember seeing your meister a long time ago. the cybertron police cars are super! a quick question though. I'm dying to get an affordable trailer for mp prime. yours looks pretty nice, could you tell me the place you got it from and about how much it cost? thanks.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice job, I like that a lot. Very cool idea.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks for the kind words on all of my customs! I really appreciate it! The Meister I just added the racing stripes. I think most of us agree that Meister was a bit lacking. I intend to add to the "Cybertron Police force" later; glad you like those as well (Hot Pursuit was my first custom :D )

The trailer is from TRU. TRU makes it, but I don't know if it's still available. It was $15 for the truck (it comes with a cab too). It's a tad small, so i made a lift kit for it. If you need the SKU#, just pm me!

Thanks again for your interest! Posts are much appreciated!