Minor/Repaint: Alternators S2000 arcee, almost finished finally!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bluestreak1701, Jun 30, 2005.

1. bluestreak1701

bluestreak1701 Well-Known Member

I posted pics ages ago for this figure but have since neglected it until a few days ago. I have sorted the transformation (pics soon I hope) so that it is now 100% transformable. Also, I sanded down the chest as the paint job was rubbish before, as well as sanding the head so that it fits in transformed mode. The paint scheme and the arm orientation has been altered slightly to try and make her look thinner. (Atkins anyone??) All comments welcomed.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    need to put some kind of clear-coat on her to make the paint look shiny and sharp... same for the head

looks like you put a lot of work into her

Andy

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    She needs to be more feminine. That's the only critic I have for BT Arcee.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I hate to be a critic, because this is FAR more than I could do... but something about the head doesn't look quite right. I can't put my finger on it, though...

Other than that, looks really good. The paintjob is very nice. What's that spoiler-looking thing on her gun?

5. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its mainly the nose, is just too wide/flat/fat, needs to be smaller :) 

6. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good, and I agree with what's said above about the face.

Also, some pics with a better leg pose would be nice, that bow-legged look just doesn't suit her. Plus, try tucking the stomach part in more for a slimmer look (fold the trunk part back before swinging the chest part down, so it looks like this).

7. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Profressional Asshole

Recomendation for a better head: Get a myclone arcee and convert it to fit. Its about the right size...

8. bluestreak1701

I'll try the other abdomen transform and see what it looks like. Sorry about the squatting pose, I didn't realise until after I'd posted that it looks a bit silly. I may try resculpting the head a little as the new needle files I bought made the chest much better. (the paint was really lumpy before) The spoiler on the gun will be attached to the trunk and can clip on to (A) make some good of the crappy barrel-less alt version and (B) appear like a cross bow as a homage to energon arcee. Thanks guys

9. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

d

i tried that before on a alt ravage, trust me its much too small.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I want to take a second to say GOOD WORK. It looks like an awful lot of hard work, elbow grease and effort went into that conversion and I am really impressed!

As for friendly critique, I've got to nod to the previous posts. I'm sure there's a way to either ascertain a pre-sculpted Arcee head or craft a better one (no offense, honestly!)...and, since she's a female Transformer, I would suggest spraying down her vehicle mode with two or more covers of glosscote. Make her shine.

11. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Profressional Asshole

Oh... damn...

there goes that idea :p 

12. bluestreak1701

I may give her one coat of gloss or so when I've touched her up (that is filled in a few paint chips, ahem) and added the fast and furious pain app. (see below) As for the head, based on what people have said I'm gonna try to smooth it over a bit and maybe add detail to the sides. Anyone think I should add pink to the helmet or fine as is? Am on conference for the next week but will sort it when I return. Thanks for the comments.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=69145

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I definitely think more detailing on the head is going to help. If you look at TF characters, a lot of their personality comes from the fact that they're covered with whizbangs and gizmos that serve no other purpose than to just detail the robot body. The heads are no exception - look at the stock alternators! If you've got any spare car model kits lying around, I think your minute detail problems will be easily solved.

14. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Looks great. My one suggestion is the first pose you have there. Kinda looks like she's taking a dump. Other than that, awsome stuff! :thumbs2: