Alternators Rumble

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Feb 4, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    CAR MODE

It's a red 2006 Honda Civic Si (as seen in the marking under the car). It's a nice darker red, darker than the one found on BT Lambor and BT Override. License plate reads "Hawaii RUMBLE Aloha State". Weapons are stored at the frond (engine) and in the trunk. Car interior is decently detailed, but I've seen better interiors on other Alternators. Rumble's head is visible on where should have been the back seats, but you can turn it 90 degrees so it becomes much less visible. You can see a bit of pile-drivers if you fold down the seats. Looking under the car. Other than the weapons and the pile-drivers, the only other chromed part is the exhaust.

TRANSFORMATION

Transformation is relatively easy, probably the easiest of all Alternators. Up front, unfold the legs from under the hood, turn the waist 90 degrees, unfold the feet, fold down the skirt, fold down the doors on each side, fold down the chest panel, split the rear of the car in 2, fold down, push the button on each shoulder to extend the spring-loaded pile-drivers, turn the head around, unfold the weapons and place them on the robot's back (top of the car), you're down.

ROBOT MODE

Robot can decently be posed. However, the lights are in the way behind the legs so you have to be careful when you bend the knees. Rumble cannot be posed squatting with the pile-drivers touching the ground. Doing so would make him look like he's doing push-ups. Be attached to springs inside somewhat loose tracks, the pile-drivers are kinda dangling around, which is a tad annoying. I would have liked a tighter fit there.

All in all, it's another strong offering as far as Alternators go. Maybe not the best, but it's a new mold, and it's a Decepticon. It was about time we get original molds for the cons with him and Ravage!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Might I request some pictures of his faults? He certainly looks good... but I'm curious to see the side of him that pictures don't normally show. ;) 

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    gneah! hes out?! o_O 

4. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    It's not out, it's a just test shot.

I'll try to take more pictures tomorrow, memory card is full and the wife is the one who knows how that darn camera works.

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder if its release pack will include hands as well, but I don't keep my hopes up.
    can't wait to get it though.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    oh. phew. i just caught up. wheres the no sale stamp?

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I want one!

8. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Couldn't find any "Not for sale" stamp on it. My Alternators Ravage test shot has a number engraved on the windshield though.

The way Rumble is built, there is no way you could have retrofittable hands/forearms on it.

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks man, btw is there a chance to get a close up shot of his face ?
    Thanks.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice going! I'm looking forward to this one.

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    *SIGH* :( 

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Oh man, I just saw this. Dam he looks good, cant wait for him to become available in retail (or at least online retail :)  )

Any chance of getting some more pics? I'd be interested in seeing how/where his weapons fit in. From what I can gather from pics I've seen it doesnt look like there's alot of room under the hood.

13. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I got mine on Friday from AHQ and while I'm utterly pleased to say I have all the Alternators, Rumble leaves me a little underwhelmed.

I'm not sue how to explain it but he feels, cheap somehow. The piledrivers, which are springloaded and a nice touch, don't fit tightly and kinda dangle around. The won't fall out but if the designers were trying to convey a sense of weight and mass for these supposedly powerful weapons, they didn't manage it.

The feet on mine are kinda flimsy. Rumble's a bit topheavy and the ball joints on the ankles could have used a little reinforcement. Mine had a tendency to tip over backwards. I applied some clear nail varnish to the balljoints which helped.

The colour scheme is dull. I know not every Alt can have stripes and flames but this guy is dark and dull. The red is dark, lots of brown, black and what might be called tarnished bronze. I'm not a fan of the paint jorb. I think I would have preferred him as Frenzy but who knows, perhaps we'll see that one down the line.

A few quality control issues are unique to the one I got. There's a blue smudgy fingerprint of paint on the front fender and an unsightly dribble of same blue paint on the driver-side door. There's also some very obvious scuff marks.

Lastly, I've tried any number of ways to fix it, but for some reason, the front wheels on mine are pointed in different directions from each other. I can get it to roll effectively. Limited poseabilty in bot mode and the head in full view where the backseat ought to be is weaksauce.

I like the novelty of the mold and I like that's it a new mold but this is not one of my favourites. For the supposed last Alternator in awhile, it really didn't strike me as the best figure on which to commence the hiatus.

14. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

It isn't perfect, but I love Rumble (and Ravage, too).

The colors aren't glitzy, but they do the job, however, apparently he has a Ricochet-esque "nosejob". His transformation's not too bad, although I agree that the piledrivers are kinda floppy. His head also just sits behind the seats, so it's kinda spooky if you were driving it. :eek:  Legs suffer in the same way Skid's and Prowl's do. Still, for the last Alt he looks very nice and I don't regret paying $47 for him. If anything, I want a repaint asap. Alt fans should not hesitate picking one up at retail, unless you completely utterly despise the design already (which would be a shame). --- 76/100 :thumb 

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Never say "no way".....

[​IMG]

:D 

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    OMFG HOW DID YOU GET THAT TO WORK?

Is it simply taking Prowl/Camshaft's elbow joint and inserting it in the hole of the pile drivers?

Please tell me it's that simple!

17. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, that simple....plug them right in the screw hole in the middle of the drivers, doesn't hurt/effect anything on Rumbles pile driver set-up!....now, why couldn't Hasbro do the same thing for it? You could have either drivers or hands....

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Okay, I need to find a spare/junker Prowl or Camshaft.

19. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

woot, thank god for junker prowl!
    I'm gonna milk his parts dry :D 

20. cypherstorm

cypherstorm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Halleluiah!!!!!:thumb  you are awesome!