Alternators Rumble - the reason of the delay?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I've been speculating this for a while. We were going to see Rumble this year correct? But now we've not heard anything more about his release, or any sort of in-package shots.

In preperation for the movie, Hasbro said that we'd be seeing movie characters showing up in the current toylines. Sure seems true, Megs, Prime, Starscream and Bumblebee have shown up in Classics and Titaniums. Now, perhaps the reason we're not seeing Alt Rumble is because they're doing some slight modifications and releasing him as Alt Frenzy, since Frenzy will be in the movie. Probably wouldn't need a significant retool, just the licence plate, and perhaps they're changing the color too.

Purely speculation on my behalf, but it could be a logical reason as to the sudden silence around this toy. This very kick-ass looking toy.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    This thread should be titled "Alternators - why the hiatus?"

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm betting its because the guys at HQ are had a RIBFIR/FIBRIR argument, ended up with a standoff, hence the "delay".

4. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

I like rumble more than frenzy anyway. Frenzy is a panzy

5. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Did Hasbro US (or for that matter any Hasbro other than the UK) ever actually announce Alt Rumble? I know we have the Wal Mart pic, but other than that, I don't remember Hasbro ever mentioning him outside of the UK.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Rumble is scheduled for Jan, always has. However, Hasbro's main focus is going to be the Classics line. Alternators and Beast Wars are just something they do for the fans, but the other lines are the main ones they make their money on.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Unfortunately Classics is just a 'filler' line and is just a bone for the fans too...though hopefully it sells well and is extended, like Alternators were.

And Soundwave 3K I don't remember any official announcement of Rumble, just the Walmart pic as well.

8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Could you please point me to the original announcement of Rumble's estimated January release? 'Cuz that's a first for me.

And yeah, outside the Wal*Mart pic, an internal Wal*Mart listing posted in January/February and Hasbro UK's catalog from ToyFair UK back in January, which said "availability: current", there's been no word on this toy ever.

9. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Gosh, sarcasm is so funny.

10. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Well, if the hiatus is all a plan for them to release Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Frenzy etc Alts all around the time of the movie I'll kiss them. All over.

Otherwise I'll cry, because my 'bots won't quite be complete. Choose your poison, Hasbro!

11. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is he a red panzy or blue panzy though?

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

In the Hasbro Holiday 2006-2007 Release Employee Booklet, it has Rumble listed for January.

13. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I think the reason for the delay is that the hasbro team is to busy to have to worry about new Alts for next year, they have some new ones in the works now so why not keep them til next year takes some pressure off them and to keep the line going. The fan base has been set for a few years now and waiting between wave to wave isn't anything really all that strange. It gave them time to work on the new lines this past year and its giving the new lines a chance to build a fan base over the next few months. With the moive line, even maybe the rumoured new show next fall on top of everything else there doing right now, its all about time management and how to make the most money.

14. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

frenzy is definitely a blue panzy lol

15. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Could it be that they're waiting until they have a whole case? We have Ravage, Rumble, the Caddy, and the Mustang remold on the horizon. That would make 4...

16. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Which, of course, everyone here has access to.

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Now, now, play nice...

From what I understand, Camshaft was the last slated ALT for this year which means Rumble would be released in January of next year at the earliest... All this, of course, is from Hasbro at SDCC...

It makes me worry though... Being put on hiatus just seems so negative for me... I mean, ALTs have coexisted with other lines going on for a while now... Is the movie really taking that much resources away from everything else that it would merit putting ALTs on hold???

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems odd to me because a hiatus until January doesn't put Alternators out of the way of the movie toys, unless there's yet ANOTHER Alternator hiatus planned for the second half of 2007 as well (which seems more than possible)

19. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Perhaps they know collector dollars will be headed towards the classics and the (cough lame cough) titaniums, and would prefer to let those items hit and saturate to avoid direct competition for the same dollars.

Overall I think Alt's sell well enough that Hasbro will continue on with them. I would have to imagine a Soundwave has been thought about at least somewhat. Hell, two cassettes and no Soundwave just seems incomplete.

20. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

It's no more esoteric than dozens of resources I have seen referenced before by a certain someone.

Why the hostility anyways???