Alternators question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tacitron, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    I saw someone selling the 'bubble' version of tracks for $60 cheaper than the other version. I was wondering what the difference was other than packaging.

I like several of the bots from the Alternators line and though I've totally missed the boat I'll probably spring for the ones I really like sooner or later.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    The blue plastic is slightly less sparkly and I think a couple of the paint apps are very SLIGHTLY changed. That's it.

3. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

Yup. That's it.

Alt Tracks is a great figure to own if you don't have it. If you got 50 bucks, you can pick up the metal version on eBay too. The blue or the yellow version. I've seen the alt version sell for much more than the BT version sometimes! Crazy!

I have both the Alternator and the Binaltech of Tracks, and honestly, it's hard for me to play with the Alt. version. Once you have the wieght and feel of the diecast figure in your hands, it's hard to play with the plastic one.

In my ever so humble opinion.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like others have said, not much difference. The only reason why red box Tracks is more expensive than the bubble one is that the red box one is more rare. In fact, prior to the re-release of the bubble version, the red box one was going for $100 or more. Hasbro screwed up on the first run and limited it's supply but re-released later to make up for it. So, unless you are a MISB collector and want the rarity of the red box one, just go with the bubble one for cheaper.