Minor/Repaint: Alternators Prowl custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Alternators Prowl

Warning! Awful Photoshopped image linked!

Hehe . . . Enjoy (my work, not the image). :p 

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, love all the details!:thumb 

3. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

I don't really think actual stickers belong on any toy post-1988.

Actually, once you reach an age, I think it's time to start working with water decals instead of sticky stickers. Ever try to make any using slide film? they can turn out pretty amazing...

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    So far I've had really good results with making my own labels. I've experimented with different papers (and will continue to do so), possibly venturing into slide film at one point i suppose. I design and create under the philosophy use whatever works. I don't believe creating art is dictated by an age necessarily, but to each his own on that one I suppose. I guess if anything, this is only my 2nd year doing this work. So far, I'm satisfied with my results from what I've done and accomplished so far (and my client seems to be happy with this project, since it was a commission). I'm always willing to improve, but I wasn't aware of any age-specific methods of doing things.

I just want to create art. I've never been a "modeler;" only an artist. :thumbs2: 

5. ChemNerd

ChemNerd Member

Nicely done - bravo yet again.

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Don't mind the above. Your work is solid. Keep it up. :thumbs2: 

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Magnus, much appreciated! Even though the Alt Prowl custom has been done a number of times, I liked how mine came out. This is a commissioned piece and the reason for the "quickie" Photoshop pics (yes there are 2 images up now) was to show my client the piece while I was chatting with him after it was finished. My Alternators Shackblast didn't get many posts and I knew this project wouldn't get as many either simply because of the subject matter (it's been done quite a bit). Props to you for your encouragement and your participation in my customs threads! :thumbs2: 

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    My pleasure, mate. We Alt. 'artists' gotta watch each other's backs.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Dude, Rev G, you know your stuff is badass. Decals or stickers, it's good stuff.

10. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hey, nice work with the "re-done" Prowl. I'm a "newbie" to the customization/alteration of Transformers but have been working my truck a bit before I started with "toys." Okay, collectibles.

11. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

That looks really good!
    Looks like it came from the factory!

-Shifty

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Wow, thank you! I really appreciate that! I always strive for that goal with my customs, but there is always going to be that element of customization feel that will be present. So far though, I've been really happy with my projects (and continue to be surprised at how well others' work turns out too!)

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props, Ops! Much appreciated!

14. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hey, dude, even though I give you a hard time for Prowl (another cop car?) it is mad sweet. I hope you have enough source material for future customs, since every one you crank out is top notch.

I've been working on my original three (Vibe, Scanout and Psyche-Out) but a recent illness has set me back. I've began working on some additional customs as well and I just need a decent way to remove graphics, window tint, and similar paint applications effectively and cleanly from my current works-in-progress. I've been using an alcohol based product with some effect.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, it's cool. Thanks for the comments; much appreciated! In terms of source material, I'm good for a LONG time. I have a ton of extra Alts for bashing fodder and I have a folder on my PC with files (.docs and .pdfs) of about 40 different ideas that I'm currently developing. So many customs, so little time! The upside is that I have a really good opportunity to learn more about this subhobby of TFs and to further hone my art skillz!

Dude! I hope you get well soon! I'm really extited to see your customs and I stay excited about seeing others' work as well. I check the customs boards as much as I do regular TF news!

In terms of removing graphics and such, I've used fingernail polish remover in the past and I'm currently experimenting with rubbing alcohol (70% and 90%) to see what works best. So far the results are fairly similar. Anyone else with better suggestions?

16. My03Tundra

Ebay:

Thanks for the well wishes and advice. I've been using my watered down (with rubbing alcohol) alcohol based hand sanitizer with some degree of success. I place it on, let it set about 10-25 seconds before using a q-tip with mild pressure to rub the stuff off. It works great on Skids, but it isn't working too hot on Prowl and his white paint on the doors, fenders and hood.