Alternators Prowl blue variant 90% done

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First off MODs I didn't put this in the Radicons because I don't think its worthy. There are very very very skilled peoples work in there and this IMHO is not worthy to be in the same board as them. To me this is more of a how to spruce up your KO.

I got the KO blue Prowl from ebay last week. It's pretty good for a KO. I friggin hate the mustang KO's and this is worlds better! The only thing wrong with it out the box is the roof holes for the sirens!

Blah, blah, blah... So what did I actually do besides a leg mod?
    1) Swapped heads: the KO was OK but the original was better
    2) Swapped shoulders and arms: the KO uses an off white color while the original is a combination of grey, and off white. I had to remove the wheels from the KO and put them on the original shoulders.
    3) Swapped upper legs and hip pads: again the legs of the KO were off white, while the originals are grey. The original hip pads have slightly better detail.
    4) Swapped the bumper hinge and added the retaining spring: the rear bumper just flaps around without the retaining sprng. Also one of the KO hinges were loose so I swapped them both.
    5) Swapped tires: the KO tires were to thin and crappy rubber.
    6) Swapped tailpipe: The KO tailpipe was to small to hold the originals billyclub.
    7) Swapped the ankles: again ko had the off white plastic, and the original had grey.
    8) Filed and shaped the roof plugs: they had allot of ruff edges and didnt sit right in the holes.
    9) replaced front grill and lights: The KO has a red Japanese Honda symbol, the original is gold. I decided to go with the US Acura emblem.

TO DO
    1) Remove police deco from arms and add Autobot symbols: the original BT blue Prowl has Autobot symbols where the police deco is.

2) Fill roof holes and repaint roof: god I had painting!

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KO head on the left, Original head on the right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

You did a great job on that man. It does deserve to go in Radicons, I've seen infinitely worse ones go up in there, not trying to knock anyone's work guys, and its awesome. Dont short-sell you abilities, I'm too nervous to even attempt an Alt project yet. :) 

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow, talk about Prowl being an organ, limb, and head donor!

Or was it the other way around? Anyway, man, nice swap and good sprucing up. Now, what to do with Prowl's remains...

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It should go in the Radicosn section under "Repaints and Minor Mods".

Great work btw! Modded Alts = FULL OF WIN :thumb 

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, please repost this thread there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.