Alternators Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZeroEdge, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm about to buy Alternators Prime from a member of another TF site(Cybertron.ca) for a pretty good price(20$ CDN) and I have to ask as I've never had an alternators or binal techs like: what's the mold like? Is he good?

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually think he sucks and is one of the worst Alternators molds. I wish I never bought the SDCC Nemesis Prime version. Looks good in truck mode though :thumb .

3. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the mold....I have the binaltech die cast one and think he awesome, and for 20 canadian hes even better. Sometimes the doors will pop off during transformation but nothing really big.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    He's not bad. It's not the best Alternator mold by far, but on it's own merit, its not bad.

5. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    in my opinion...he is awesome! i am glad i got him. :D 
    i love how bulky he is...and the die-cast adds to making him feel tough

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    If you want to see the true awesomeness of the Alternators/Binaltech lines, get a Ford GT mold (Mirage/Rodimus). One of the best TF molds ever created.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

For $20? Hells yeah, get him, you won't be disappointed.

For a fair review, however, it might not actually be all that great. EXCELLENT truck mode. Has seats, steering wheel, working doors and trunk. The wheels turn, but their linkage is easily broken (my SDCC Nemesis Prime front wheel axle is broken). The transformation is really finicky, and the robot mode isn't exactly the worst Prime robot mode, but it isn't the best.

I neither like the figure nor hate it, but for $20 it's a great deal.

8. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just bought him and received him yesterday from a member of this site. hes a little stupidly designed but overall a decent figure. heck of alot better than at elast some of the alternator molds like Hound. i hate that mold. i got him for $25 shipped. if you can get him at that price its definitely worth it

9. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I know he gets a lot of hate, but he is actually one of my favorite Alternators. Of the ones I have, I only like Skids and Rodimus better than Prime.

10. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I still cannot get him back into Alt Mode, it just won't work.

11. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think he deserves the hate, but amongst the Alts. there are much better moulds, including much earlier ones.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Not a fan whatsoever, but as long as you're happy with it that's what matters :thumbs2: 

13. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    No to echo all the hate, but he's not the best mold in the line. He was my first Alt and almost put me off on the line, if it weren't for my wife buying me Ricochet as a surprise I probably would have passed on all the rest. It's an awesome line though, I've taken the time to complete it (having all the Alts and getting the BTs that didn't get an Alt release... and most of the KOs so far :eek:  ), I have no regrets about it. Next to my Seeker collection it's the pride of my collection :D 

For $20? get him just don't judge the whole line off of this mold. I agree with Gogdog Mir-odimus mold is by far the best in the line.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He makes a great ironhide. I don't have the skills to mod the head though.

15. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Make sure that you are sliding his legs back up. I had a problem putting my Prime back to alt mode the first time, because I didn't realize that his legs extended a bit when turning to robot.

16. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I like the mold a lot actually but I would recommend the Binaltech over the Alternator version. The Alt version looks and feels like an unfinished prototype.

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

-Originally Posted by jessecuster
    I still cannot get him back into Alt Mode, it just won't work.-
    I would guess the problem is with the arms not being folded up right and the hood not going flush. The arms, and I think shoulders too, have a double joint on them and they have to be pushed in correct...nice, tight, and compact. Then the hood should line up properly. A bit hard to explain...but if you can manage to get it in alt mode again, pay attention to how the arms are folded up and it'll make more sense the next time you go to transform it.

Looking at it now, it's the shoulder area that has to be pushed in properly... Again, hard to explain, but likely the issue.

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems to be a love it or hate it mold. (if you like the pictures you've seen go for it)

I will say that the Takara Binaltech (diecast) and Takara kissplayer (plastic) versions have some much needed paint detailing that really brings it to life. The pictures I've seen of the Hasbro Alternator version do very little for me (and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the hate is directed at that one).

I've got the Kiss player version, and it's one of my very favorites from the line. That and Mirage are amazing.

I strongly recommend either of the Takara versions.

19. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Right. Make sure that the blue shoulder joints are pushed in and folded up flat. I had this problem too.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The mold has grown on me. I really didn't like it at first. It was stupid complex for transforming backwords and the arms don't lock in place. Some things that really needed to be deformed more like the solid feet trunks or the shoulders were just left as is. The head mold though is by far one of the best Prime heads ever though.

Not terrible, but certainly not the best. $20 is a good price I'd think. I own the Japanese Bin. version and the upgrade FP kit. He still looks neat though in the Alt line.