Alternators Prime help.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Feb 20, 2009.

1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I recently ordered Alternators Prime and got it today, Everything is great but when I go from Robot to Vehicle mode, the Doors don't line up, as well with the bed of the truck doesn't connect well to the cab of the truck. Is it defective or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    -Prime

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Alt Prime has a lot of very tough joints involved in his transformation, especially his shoulders; they go in in a really odd way. Do you have a pic of how far you can get?

3. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I have the exact same problem with my BT Convoy. I love that figure to death, but goddamn, I hate transforming it...

I just gave up after 30 minutes and decided to leave him in damned bot mode since he was so instistent on not going into alt mode. Even Grimlock is easy compared to Convoy/Prime.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I remember fighting with mine once when I took him off my shelf to transform after he'd stood there for six months and didn't have the instructions to hand. Sounds like you're having the same problem I did. If I remember correctly I'd missed pushing in or pulling out something and it threw everything else off when trying to shut the doors and close everything up snugly. Damned if I can remember exactly what it was though. See if there's a slidey bit you've missed.

Yeah, I know: that's probably the most useless advice offered ever. :p 

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'd have to see pictures, but I can offer some general advice.

First: when you put the shoulders into truck mode, make sure the shoulders go into the body the whole way. There's one configuration where it totally feels right, like you have it in all the way. But it isn't. It's only halfway in. Push it in further, and it'll be nice and tight.

Second: There's some sliding action going on with the hood chest. Make sure it's in the "back" configuration in robot mode, and the "forward" configuration in truck mode.

6. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    You might also want to check out the gallery here and/or youtube. At least Alt Prime is less pain since it is all plastic.