Alternators pricing question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

So I'm looking to sell off some Alts that I was going to repaint but decided I want the money for something big.

Anyway, I looked at eBay and the pricing on Alts seems to have dropped off. Almost to the point where I don't know if it's worth getting rid of them. So my question, what's the price of Alts nowadays? Any help would be appreciated.

2. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

yup, prices of alts have really dropped. if youre not in a hurry to get rid of them, wait for the new movie to come out, it might make the prices go up again, just like what the 1st movie did.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd say it depends on which alts you're selling off. I know there are some that still cost a fairly pretty penny. Why I don't have the Jag Ravage yet.

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Most have stayed about what they were, except for the ones that jumped up in price for no reason (Prowl). Swerve, Decepticharge, and Camshaft will keep most of their value as they have always been hard to get. Rumble and Jag Ravage will be hard to get as they came at the end of the line. Nemesis Prime and Hot Rod will retain most of their value as well because they were exclusives. The ones that will drop in price and will probably never get to the level they were at are Prowl, Wheeljack, Grimlock, Prime, and Deadend. Alternators are a great line and will go back up in value IMO. You might have to just wait....

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I have to echo the same thing others have said and ^^^ im getting a Prowl and Decepticharge for pretty cheap so I dont think those 2 have risen in prices (given Prowl has a broken right side mirror and DC is missing his hard top there still complete otherwise lol)

and ive seen the SDCC Rodimus for pretty cheap on BBTS and here in the Junkion but ive missed out each time *grumbles* imo the Shockwave (blast) is a pretty high priced Alt

and if you have the Kiss Player versions of some youll get a pretty penny

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    It all depends on what you got....Megamus pretty much hit the nail on the head though with his comment.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    With the new Bt's and others they are making some interest may come back to the alternator's line. I got all BT's unless it was only made in the alt's line then I got the alt. In retrospect I should have saved my money and went with the Alt's. The BT's are not holding there value and the extra metal only means you cannot transform them too much as they chip very very easily. But this thread is about alt's not BT's, so back on track...
    Discuss among yourselves........

8. Wreckgar

Thanks for the help. I figure the movie might bump them back up. My extras are nothing special or rare except the Jag Ravage. Otherwise it's 2 Skids, a Sunstreaker, a Deadend, a Prime, a Hound, and a Cliffjumper. The others I am definately keeping for a project I already began

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Deadend eh? Kinda been wanting to get my hands on him...don't have nothin' as far as cash right now, but if you still have him a little down the line (next month or so) I would certainly be interested.

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The reason they jumped so high the first time was the movie in 2007. Chances are they will at least have another jump later this year.

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    why not put them up here for sale and see what offers you get? As Ebay stinks not anyways.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I've got a better idea, sell them through the Junkion Exchange and sell them all to me!

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if they'll jump in price as much for the second movie. When the first movie came out there were still stray Sunstreakers, Skids, Ricochets and the occasional Rumble and Ravages in the store. People at the stores picked them up and then went hunting for the rest. It'll jump some but probably not on the level of the 1st movie.

14. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably not as much, but at least a little.

15. Wreckgar

That's what I'll do with all my stuff when I get it together.