Alternators Post Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by darksage78, Feb 7, 2007.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Well let's say the Transformers Movie does really well, which I hope it will do. Won't some car companies like to capitalize on making their cars into transformers, possibly to help boost sales? For example Citrogen with their commercials, I'm not sure if any other companies have done this, but I remember Mazda did the Zoom Zoom thing before Meister came out.

What I'm saying is will more car companies be willing to license out their car models to Hasbro for the Alternators line? If so which ones do you think will and what bots do you think we could get?

From this I can see an Alternator Bumblebee, Ironhide and Ratchet due to the fact of them being movie characters. Barricade might get a recolour from Prowl's mold.

2. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

well with v dubs anti war crap we probobly wont see a alternator bumblebee unless he's a camaro.(ironic...the german company has a anti war policy!)as for iron hide...mabye a chevy 3500 van or just a old school version of the topkick, and for prowl and barracade...mabye a couple of crown vics and impalas? keeping the traditional colors but not repaints of each other but diffrent molds! and a trailbreaker as a chevy trailbreaker.or a megatron as a combat H-3 or HUT!oh oh oh! and mabve a cobalt as cliffjumper!

3. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

Bumblebee as a Prius would work out pretty well:

-They already have a relationship with Toyota (Skids was a Scion xB)
    -Priuses do come in Yellow
    -It occupies the same niche as the original Beetle. Small, practical commuter car that seats four.
    -It's one of the most fuel efficient cars on the road, which fits Bumblebee's original tech spec as the most efficient Autobot

The only difference is that it's much more complicated and probably harder to modify than the original Beetle (which was powered by a motorcycle engine!), but that probably applies to both the new Beetle and the Cooper as well.

4. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Not really if you worked for a company started by one of the most evil men to ever li would you not want to distance your self from his history as much as possible?

5. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Licensed vehicle modes does open up some possibilities. Still, I hope they stick with a G1 aesthetic. I'd hate to see Alternator bodies... with movie-style heads. *shudder*

6. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

i would much rather see bumblebee as one of the camaros from the movie which i think would be more likely than a prius.

7. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

The Prius looks pretty good for BB actually. I doubt they'd reuse the Camaro again for an Alt version of him since he gets several toys already for that model just for the movie line.

I think it'd be cool if we saw some mini-vans. Say a Sienna or Odyssey :D 

8. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

There's nothing ironic in that, german history's the very reason VW has this policy.

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might also think that the movie might scare off a few new licensees, as they might think that giving permission to do Alts might take them out of the running, or give them less of a good deal, on TFTM2.

-Tony!

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I always thought the Dodge Caliber would make a pretty decent BB...it's got a domed top, and I could see the front end of the car making pretty cool feet.

11. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be interested in new Alts if they pick up the quality they started with. No offense to those who like them, but the last few were far from great. They probably suffered because of the focus on the movie stuff, but still....