Alternators Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Prime, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got my hands on Prime and Mirage from the Alternator line. Love the Mirage, in my opinion the Ford GT has the easiest transformation yet in the Alternator line, and I cannot wait to lay hands on the Hot Rod Version.

I now have both Optimus and Nemesis Prime and noticed on both of them, the hoods don't like to close, any suggestion on what I am doing wrong

2. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking at my alt. Optimus Prime, if you lift the hood up there are two black parts that connect the hood to the blue frame beneath with pins, which is where the engine sits. These two black parts are slotted at the end where it connects to that blue frame so they can be slid down a little, if you do this the hood should line up.

On some alt Primes this might be diffcult than others, my Optimus Prime was really awkward (it put up a lot of resistance) but I had no problem with my Nemesis Prime.

3. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Make sure when you put his shoulders back in when going from bot to truck that you snap them in firmly. This will make him fit together like he should.

4. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

Sorry to bump another old thread, but I'm having this same problem. I pushed the shoulders in as hard as I can, and they just can't go any further. The front bumper halves won't stay all the way inward, and when I try to close the hood, it's about two millimeters too far forward and just won't push in regardless of how much force I put on it.

Argh, help. :( 

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's definitely the shoulders that are causing the problem. Try pushing back and inwards simultaneously. The part that might be tricky is that they tend to come to rest in a spot where they're not quite locked in place properly. They actually sit further inwards with a bit of mild force.

6. agravlin

I agree that it's the shoulders. The problem is, the shoulders (the blue part that the red Autobot shoulder pivots in) rest against part of the dark gray torso frame, and there's really no place for them to fit any further in.

I'll try your trick tomorrow... when it's not 4 AM and I'm actually awake. If you don't do what you suggested, does the front part of his black armguard stick out further than the back part, and do you have the same problem where the hood just plain won't close? Also, does your trick fix the problem where the front bumper doesn't stay pressed together?

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It definitely fixes the bumper problem, as the only reason they're not sticking together for you is because they aren't close enough together. I'm not sure what you're saying about the arm guard/running board.

And yeah, what you're saying is definitely the shoulder hinges at work. They look like they're in place, and they're resting securely, but they're not in the proper position. There's still more that they can move.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it looks like they're there, but there's an ever so slight bit of movement required to get them into place. After the first couple of times, it gets a little easier, fortunately.

9. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

anyone get the reprolabels for prime, and or hotrod?

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I think a few guys have; check in the kitbashes forum, I'm sure I saw some pics. Looked pretty damn good too.

11. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

thanks

12. agravlin

Bwahaha, it worked. Thank you very much.