Alternators Optimus Prime hood problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I know this is an old figure and I have seen reviews, but I am having a hell of a time trying to get his damn hood and side panel sections lined up and snapped together.

I have everything else correct but the hood just won't snap securely over the bottom parts that have the lights on them.

If anyone knows how to solve this or has a review that has very detailed pictures please contact me.

2. conan050

conan050 Well-Known Member

I have this same problem as well with my Alternators Prime. Its also even worse on the Binaltech version. Probably just a tiny manufacturing error.

3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

Check the shoulders. I transform my Alternator Nemesis everyday. (My favorite)
    Turn the truck over and press down gently on the elbow/forearm joint area after transforming everything back from bot to truck.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My BT prime is fine.

BUT- I have often had a tough time getting his shoulders fully back for truck mode. I suspect that if I didn't manage to get them all the way back it might cause problems similar to what you're describing.

Despite a relatively simple transformation, my BT Prime is one of my toughest, most time consuming toys to transform from the line because the shoulders and legs both seem to require more force than the parts I need to grab seem able to withstand.

Don't know if this helps at all, but make sure you really have the shoulders clicked back into place. They should lock very firmly.

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Are the red tabe on the inside of the hood supposed to lock into those gray parts where it looks like they do?

Man I know it's simple that's what pisses me off even more, I have been trying to transform him for longer than I would like to admit.

Haven't had this much of a hassle since I got RID Magnus along time ago and left him in a room for 3 years out of frustration.