Alternators not Dead Yet - New Wal*Mart Listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    May we please get a Trailbreaker out of the Caddi? It'd be nice and I could scratch that '84 vehicle off of my list.

And a Cat bot out of the Jag could lead to another repaint without to much difficulty. Steeljaw. Make it Gold for the base.

And I second, third, whatever a Perceptor out of the Scion.

2. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alternators Live!!!!! I'm going to go punch my neighbor and blame it on the joy!

Seriously, this is by far my favorite 'real' news since... ever.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Well I'm trying to be rational to this "2 Ravages" thing. I mean, I guess if the Corvette Ravage is BW Jaguar, then this new one could be G1 Ravage... whatever, it's not that big a deal I guess.

Why would you want Hot Rod as a Scion? I want a Hot Rod alt too but I want him to be sleek. Frankly, I hope the Scion is either Ironhide or a Decepticon

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is good news indeed! Love live the Alternators!

As for Hot Rod, or even a Hot Rodimus, I'd still like to see the Ford GT mold repainted for it as rumored in the KISS-Play line . . . here's hoping :) 

5. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    I also think that's the best mold to use for Hot Rod if they make him as a repaint of an existing mold.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does the GT have an option for a spoiler? That'd cement the Hot Rod likeness.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I REALLY hope it's not another Ravage... that would suck... ALL these characters from across the TF Universe, and to have two bodies for one of them? Ugh...

Like Abrogate said, I guess I could live with it having one as BW and one as G1, but still.... let's get some other characters like Nightbeat, Bludgeon, or CANNONBALL! :D 

Chris

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Hasbro never FAILS to AMAZE me! *being sarcastic* Placing a jaguar's head on an Alt, making it "Ravage", they might as well perform the same trick AGAIN by giving collectors ANOTHER rhino & lion head separately & guys end up having NEW Alt Ramhorn & Steeljaws. :D 

GO, HASBRO, GO!!!

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    That Scion repaint will likely be another obscure character, and I doubt it will be any regular character. Personally, there is a nice deep red color available for the xB that would fit PERFECTLY with Perceptor and I'd be willing to buy another Scion xB. It could also be Gears, or in yellow as Huffer or Bumblebee. I highly, and strongly, doubt it will be Blaster in a silver paint job since with have him in the BTA line.

The Cadillac XLR, which by chance I watched a video review for last night, would be a perfect vehicle for Megatron and I've been hoping the "rumored" Cadillac would come out. A Cadillac is a very fitting vehicle mode for the Decepticons.

The Honda Intregra Type-R is the same vehicle as the Acura RSX. Simple mix-up.

TRA Jaguar - Ravage, I doubt is going to be another Ravage figure. I suspect it may be a Jaguar based vehicle, but with some animalistic head. Knowing HasTomyTak, it could be Laserbeak, Steeljaw, or any of the other animalistic Transformers.

Even though many of us would like to see a repaint of the Mustang, I suspect it will likely be a re-release of Grimlock. Honestly, though, I hope it is a black Mustang GT with a new head as a 'con.

The Honda Civic, which will unfortunately be split like Tracks in vehicle mode, is going to be awesome. It will be the first straight 'con in the line. I hope from the "Rumble" mold we see Frenzy, and maybe the Autobots Rewind and Eject.

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really hope we get a Jaguar. That would be so hot.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    For the Scion repaint I'm going to say Perceptor or Blaster. And if it's Blaster that will save me the trouble of importing the BTA version... if not I'll be getting three Scions.

For the Cadillac XLR... I'd be happy if they made this Megatron. Hell, we've already got Shock"wave" as a Mazda RX-8 and the Cadillac really fits in as a Decepticon.

Figure the Acura Integra R is the listing for Camshaft. Either that or it's a hold over from Prowl.

The Jaguar - Ravage... I really don't want two of the same character in this line. Much of the way most people didn't want both Silverstreak and Bluestreak. I'd like to see a Decepticon come out of it though.

Hopefully the Mustang GT is a repaint of Grimlock or Wheeljack... Razorclaw or Slicer please. I'm kind of getting sick of the repackaging of supposedly "hard to find guys" that were fairly easy to get ahold of if you really wanted to.

And of course, we know that the Honda Civic is Rumble. Glade to see that this guy is still hanging around.

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Sweet. I wonder if Jaguar could be the new XKR?

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I highly disagree with the Scion suiting Perceptor. The Scion is marketed more to the hip-hop crowd. Blaster would make a lot more sense here. I really don't think Ironhide, BB (esp. after seeing the original design in the Binaltech Guide), Huffer, or Gears suit the Scion. I'd like to see an obscure character myself.

I think I'd just have to see this done first to make a call. I still would like to have him as a Hummer :) 

Goodness, let's hope not. If this is the case though, I have extra heads :) 

This has been my thinking a bit as well, especially with the "rereleases" as of late. However, I can still seeing Hasbro making another paint scheme for it. I could go either way with hypothosizing this one. We'll see I guess ;)  I would like a black one as well; either Hasbro makes one or I'll make it myself.

I am really excited about this one (not as much as I am about Alt Mirage, mind you.) There is lots of potential here and I'm excited to see how this is handled. And I think a Frenzy repaint is almost a given. :D 

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I mtotally clueless who they'll be.

What I thought was Megs, turned out to be Decepticharge.
    Then a Swerve, Swindle , & Ricochet came out.

Guessing it's a character that'll make us go wtf.
    Would be cool if it's Tux, but that was a Rolls Royce I think

15. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Mustang will probably be a yellow Wheeljack without any remolds, short on paint apps, and named Chase. With a license plate that says "HUFFER".

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

:redface2: 

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

...and after they tell us the names,we'll all say "Who??" :D 

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It IS a repaint, his name is "Autobot Camshaft", and we have already seen loads of pics of him. Even official ones.

It wasn't "leaked". Hasbro UK officially showed a concept at Toy Fair UK back in January, and Wal*Mart's public site has a listing that includes a stock photo ever since April.

Oh, the flaws of human memories. I still remember how someone called Alternators Ravage (the Corvette one) a "rumor" long after Hasbro had previewed him on their website... :rolleyes2 

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure what to think about Jaguar/Ravage. If they do something new or different with it (like an animalistic robot mode) it may be worth it.

I just worry we'll have a new Ravage, better than the Corvette version, but the name on the box will be OVERDRIVE.

(and the Mustang will be a Wheeljack repaint named DOWNSHIFT, of course.)

20. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

My Fantasy Alt Five:

Scion 2 - Reflector. He's got a similar head to the cartoon Reflector, it'd be a new Decepticon, and he's got that boxy look all sorted. Besides, I've already got BTA Blaster.

Cadi - Megatron. It's about time we had him and he would, as many people have said, fit the mould exactly.

Acura R - Well, we already know it's Camshaft, but I'm going to be doing a bit of bashing to turn him into Runamuck.

Jaguar - Rampage would be awesome. He's a Decepticon cat beast, after all. If they've got to, make it Laserbeak, or hell, make it Sixshot. Just, please, not Ravage AGAIN.

Mustang - Razorclaw. I really think this is possible and may make for the nicest Alt yet. Lots of sexy black bodywork, a few orange flashes, and a big lion on his bonnet. Do the face well enough and you don't even need to change Grimlock's head mould. After all, look at how Reprolabels turned the awfulness of Rollbar into a quite nice Tantrum.

There you go, five Alts, five great new Decepticons.