Alternators Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by wolfnfox, Jul 7, 2006.

1. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

I got him the mail two days ago.

Overall I do like him, the black paint job really helps this mold.

I don't have Optimus to compare him to but the visual is really well done.

My only real complaint is the shoulder joints and the knees which just don't work properly the way the mold is set up, if they were just a little lower it probably would have helped.

I have pictures if anyone wants to see them, but they are a tad grainy.

2. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who did you get yours from?

3. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

ActionHQ

I think there price went up on him recently.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    SDCC Nemesis Prime

I ebayed this guy, and after I got him I'm glad I did. For those of you who've had all that heartbreak over getting one, he's worth it.

If you're familiar with Prime, you know what the modes are like. Black really makes the mold shine, though. The dark colours work with the mold. In truck mode, he's all black, with very nice red windows. Some silver here and there for details. Very nice, and very dark. He looks great next to Dead End.
    Robot mode is your typical Scourge / Black Convoy colours of black with teal highlights. The two go together very well as always. He's still mostly black though, the teal is just highlights on the forearms and the legs. Head is very cool, the red eyes are little narrow slits that look very sinister. He could have used a little silver or grey, though, on the shoulders, the vents on his legs and on the waist (though I have to admit I prefer to leave it up on this one, and down on Prime. Adds distinction).

Overall, he's a very nice piece. Black makes this mold, and the bulky design of it works better as a bad guy than as Optimus. If you disliked Optimus you won't like this guy, but if you liked Optimus then you'll love Nemesis.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm kinda meh with this mold too, but the black really makes the toy and it just looked to good in packaging to pass up.

6. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

I'll just paint me red one black.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine had a loose neck and the seats on his forearms were rather loose as well... Had to tighten the seats... The neck thing I'm still trying to figure out... Dunno how to disassemble him so I can get to the base of his neck...

8. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I got mine from eBay last week, but didn't decide to open him until a couple of days ago. This is my first experience with this mold (I gave the only Optimus I found to someone else, because I'm kind of "meh" on him).

It seems like (from reading the feedback reviews) Alt OP has floppy knees, and so does Nemmy. The other joints are pretty tight, though, and the doors and front fenders don't come off easily, so it looks like at least some of this mold's issues have been addressed. In fact, the fenders almost have a "ratcheting" feel, like they snap into place when you rotate them. (They're not ratchet joints, of course, but that was the only comparison I could think of.) Also, the OP I got for someone else had a really poorly fitting hood, while Nemmy's fits just fine in vehicle mode.

I think this mold looks better in black and teal--he doesn't look quite as fat (hey, as they say, black is slimming :lolol  ). The biggest annoyance to me (and this seems like it might also be a "legacy" problem) is that his legs are so hard to pull out. Also, have a piece of felt handy when you get him, because mine was positively slimy with the mold release agent, and you don't want to leave that on the toy. Five minutes of gentle buffing got it off without scarring the toy, but still.

Overall, I'm glad I have one--he does look nicer than Alt OP.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i have not opened mine yet, but he looks good...love prime so will love him so I am sure I will like Nemesis. Just waiting for my 2nd one to come from BBTS so I can open it.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    damnit I LOVE this guy. sex-y mine tf's smoothly, isn't floppy at all yay!

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

My first experience with the mold since I'm still hunting stores for anything past Rollbar and Riccochet. Doesn't seem as bad as what everybody had been saying. The legs are damn hard to extend and push back in, yes. The mechanism that's supposed to tie the two front wheels together for steering doesn't quite work except when they're pushed together during transformation. Doors kind of hard to open and a wee bit tricky getting the truck bits back together flush, but both problems not as bad as with Skids. Those bulky shoulder pads make it harder to get at the arms to move them around, but Alternators have had worse design compromises. Pretty good overall.

12. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

They should have just called this character Scourge. Putting this figure next to RID Scourge really shows how similar they look in robot mode. This figure might make a crappy Prime, but he's a great Decepticon.

I can't seem to get the hood to stay flush with the rest of the vehicle when I transform him though. I can't seem to get the sides of the cab to fit 100% accuratly either. I saw in the instructions that the legs extend, but its so tough to do I thought it was an incorrect step. Didn't realize you could actually do it until I read this board.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You probably need to push the hinges the shoulders are on in a little further. They fold into place, but they go a little further than that - there's a firm "click" when they go in. You'll know when you get it because it is pretty tight.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perhaps I'll own one someday - if HTS can get their act together and get all their orders resolved.

15. Cradok

Cradok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you tighten the seats? Because while my Nem is fine, my Op has horribly loose seats.

16. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

I opened mine yesterday and I'm glad I did. I wasn't thrilled with the red on Optimus but the black on Nemesis works IMHO.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my nemy prime doesnt seem as loose as alt prime, so i suppose it depends on your luck.

he still looks awsum in alt mode as previously stated but honestly in bot mode, a bit more color variation wouldve done good, in particular in his upper leg, which could use more definition.

the color scheme itself is cool, if only due to the association with the original black prime repaint, RID scourge.

ive been seeing this guy in relative large numbers at local TRUs. boy did HTS screw up big time for you guys stateside.

18. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Nemesis Prime is at your local TRU? Riight

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what? i'm in malaysia. us and singapore, HK get it at local retail.

ha-ha. /nelson

20. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am so pissed... After all of the drama & hassle of finally getting NP, I cracked him open last night, only to have the passenger door pop right off...no biggie, just pop it back on, right,...WRONG... The clip that holds the door on has a stress crack in it. So the door barely stays on & I have to be ever go ginger or the thing WILL break. Not only this, but the hand on the same side fell off, the hole is too big for the ball joint, so the hand falls right out. Lastly primes Head is MEGA loose, if you were to flick it, It would Spin like a top...

Why can't the one figure that was a B!t(# to get at least be worth the hassle?