Alternators Mirage problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jan 27, 2007.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    for the life of me i cannot get the chest/hood to line up with the black panels on the sides, they either fold in or out and not inbetween like the instructions say. when i do get them to line up with it the damn black panels and lock the hood into the groves in the black panels its all lopsided in the groves, am i missing something?

pics would help

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    You're not missing a thing. It's a design flaw/mold problem. It happens to everyone's Mirages, to varying degrees.

3. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I have the exact same problem. My guess is this was an oversight in the design. The side flaps are springy and that should lock them onto the chest panel, but because they end up being springy to different degrees, the chest panel gets pushed to one side by the side panels.
    The only solution I have come up with is to open the side panels completely... and leave it like that. Alternators Mirage is not the only Transformer where the transform sequence in the instructions does not fit with reality... They are no different from the Tech Specs and the Box illustrations. You just have to detect these errors with logic and correct them yourself.

4. shadow panther

News Credits:
    what ive been doing is folding the black panels behind the checkplate, the hood hinges keep them from folding in all the way and i rest the chest on top of it.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it's a QC problem. Some TFs have none, some have many.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have no such problem. I just open the hood, fold the black things in at an angle and close the hood on them, perfect fit!

7. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

If you can get those panels at about a 45-degree angle, you're doing it right. They're not supposed to mesh perfectly with the hood.

8. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Mine had glue in one of the joints of those panels. It made me kinda mad.

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Same here, no problems. I didn't even try to TF his chest correctly because of all the complaints for awhile, but when i finally did it all fit together on mine perfectly. *shrug*

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the instructions say to use the top panels to hold the chest. I realized that was a load of crap, so I used the bigger middle panels. Now it holds perfectly, and looks better.

Also mine had other problems: The left headlight is missing, and his right leg is fairly loose. I couldnt just exchange it, because I never saw another one in stores

11. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

We'll i dont have Classics Mirarge but my Classics Prime the only problem i have is putting him back into truck mode the side panels don't always click in right with his radiator or they don't click right with the roof and then they pop out again.

The other day i had to really play around with the moving joints to make them fit in nice and tight wiothout it looking like Prime just come away from a head on smash
    So it must be the odd design flaw in Classics
    But Optimus is so rare on the shelves i didn't bother returning him as i see all classics as awsome figures even Mirarge to which i wish i had.Being a F1 fan

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:

psst, wrong subline

13. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

F@#k This is what happens when it is 3 in the morning and you are thinking of the Classics line and what figure to purchase next and i was thinking Mirarge and mucking around with my Optimus

Sorry Guys

14. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I ahve Alt Prime and to be honest..he sucks.. He never lines up properly in Alt mode and when I transformed him the firstime I broke off the door.

I don't think i'll continue with this line.

15. shadow panther

News Credits:
    still cant figure this guy out grrrrrrr

16. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

There is nothing for you to figure out. Your toy is not the problem. You are not doing anything wrong. It is a flaw in the design of the toy. The angle of the pieces that fold up to meet the hood piece is ever-so-slightly-off on ALL of them. I myself cannot get it to last unless I'm really, really careful, and then if i so much as sneeze at it it pops out of position. As I like to fiddle with my bots in complete robot mode, I long ago accepted that having the angled plates just resting on the black bars was transformed enough for me. And you should too, you're letting this get you, man, you're grolwing.

17. shadow panther

News Credits:
    i like growling :D 

still i try to fix every design flaw i find on my TF's and for the life of me cant figure it out. the flaps that are supposed to angle do not stay angled they are designed to either stay open or close. on Jailbait Rodimus however they stay at the angle they are supposed to.

18. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The only way I can see of fixing it is to knock the pins out and sand down the angles a bit, so that the're not as tight. But do you really want to do that? I don't.