Customs: Alternators/Masterpiece Countach suggestions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megabotatronius, Apr 10, 2011.

1. megabotatronius

megabotatronius Master of Disassembly

Ebay:
    Hey all!
    I picked up a sweet Lamborghini Countach 1:24 model kit, and I want to create my own Masterpiece version of Diaclone Sideswipe. I have seen a couple of nicely done figures using the countach kit, so I wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions on which alternator I should use for the skeleton/parts.

Thanks!

2. megabotatronius

Ebay:
    Wow. Nobody has any ideas?

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  4. megabotatronius

Ebay:
    Thanks, SQ7, but I have already read every tutorial here, and just wanted to see if any one had any suggestions on which alt I should start with...
    I was thinking that using the ford gt mold might be cool...

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

yeah, try that. the basic parts and mechanisms would already be there, even down to the hood as the chest. Just make sure your wheelbase is the same. i would just check all the figures for a correct wheelbase first. the Prowl mold has the same basic transformation, that'd be anouther one to check.

Thats what that re-shell tutorial opened up my eyes to the most, it's not whether it's the same type of vehicle that matters, but the wheelbase and overall transformation joints. And even those you can modify, but if you can keep those the same, thats a whole lot less work. Your already swapping a body on there, no need to make it any harder. :thumb 

Randy!