Customs: Alternators idea for Bashers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Blunticus, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

For all you bashers that have done wonderful things with Alternators, I have an idea. If I had the knowledge or any experience I would try it myself, but i've only really just admired others work. I've seen a couple gestalts with the alternators line. I'm not sure who did them, but I saw one Menasor, and one set of Predacons that I don't believe could actually combine, but were well done on repaints. I posted a picture below of this, and i believe this was done by Clay(?) My idea though is to do an original or a repaint gestalt using the alternators Optimus for the Primary/Main body, and then four different vehicles for the limbs, and redoing the heads and repainting for character recognition (if doing a classic gestalt). I know this isn't groundbreaking information, but I just haven't seen it done yet.
    Would love to hear feedback on this, even if it is, (Hey tard, it's already been done.)

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the problem is that its super difficult because an alternator combiner is so darn top-heavy. Using an Alternator Optimus Prime for the torso would throw the proportions off as the arms and legs would basically each be the same size. TFMaster and Wikkid each made a Menasor, utilizing MP Prime for the torso. TFM totally remastered the MP-01 to transform very very much like the real Motormaster did. Those Predacons are by SmokescreenSWE, and no they can't combine.

3. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

No, those are Clay's.
    I'd know that customized GT anywhere, because it is the greatest GT custom EVER.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't look at the pic, because SmokescreenSWE make the whole set too.

5. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, those aren't mine, I used entirely different molds.

But yeah, if you're making a gestalt you pretty much need to have a bigger figure in the middle, and with Alternator sized limbs that leaves basically big Leaders or Supremes.

A _really_ heavily remolded Cyb Scourge could work for Razorclaw, but then you still wouldn't really be making an Alternator gestalt...

6. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

Wow,
    That's all really good info. That's what's great about these discussion boards, you can get alot of the experts opinions before you go and start some expensive trial and error. I'm getting really excited about gearing up for my first radicon, but i obviously need more research. Also, can anyone tell me the best way to get TF's to use for either base components or spare parts? I just read a great thread on combiner joint usage, but there's alot more to it. Thanks again to everyone who's commented so far.