Minor/Repaint: Alternators HOUND Custom BATTLE DAMAGE !!!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TTT, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Please close.

Thank you.

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

although very cool, and well done, i just don't see any direction of the damage. it just looks to me like blind battle damage, with no story behind it. I age and damage photography all the time, and found that each time i do one, when i establish a fake history for the photo, and then proceed to damge it following the story, they always come out believable and i fool everyone. your bots seem to just always be at the centre of some sort of explosion, melty shrapnel thinger.

sometimes less is more. but you do a good job at what you do. next time, come up with some pose, and scenario, and damage it as it would happen if it were real, not just hack and slash away at it just cuz.

3. TTT

News Credits:
    Thanks, I think... ????
    I don't get it ?
    What ?
    This isnt a photo ..... its an action figure.
    As far as I know anyone who is injured in combat doesnt have a planned "story" ...... connect the dots ..... whatever you wanna call it.
    ?????
    I'd LOVE to see you're version though, how 'bout you show us how its done .......PUOSU
    TTT

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I agree Wheeljaxx..It s a bit over done. Well done, looks cool..But it over takes him. It's to even over all of him, instead of like..If something burned or blew up next to him, it'd charcoal the side or area of him.

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You allways remind me of the G1 cosmic rust episode!

6. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

You ask for a critique of your work..Then get all bent out of shape when someone makes a very well thought out opinion of your work. It's not a "put up or shut up"...How old are you anyways?

He wasn't saying it's a picture. But, as the artist, you can imagine it as such..Where as yours looks like it's all random destruction..He was saying..Think of it in action, in reality. Say a bomb blows up near Hounds foot..That part will be heavily damaged..Blackened and bent and fragmented etc. It would show heavy damage that would be more extensive closer to the point of impact, but receed as it went further away. Yours is all just very general destruction.

7. TTT

News Credits:
    Actually this figure and its modifications was suggested by other members .... it says
    "Thanks for the suggestions on this one you guys !"
    Not asking for people to give me "their version" and "how to do it right next time"
    I'm showing it so people can see it - thats all.
    I view lots of other members customs - but its just not for me to tell them they did it wrong cause its not how I would have done it. That kind of defeats the whole purpose/meaning of the word - custom.
    Besides I've already done damage in one area like you said - So I'm not really into making the same figure over & over again.
    The first figure I did had 6 times the damage and most thought it was overdone - this one has 6 times less damage yet its still overdone to some.....

TTT

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Looks great!

Looks like he's been the victim of one of those guy who destroys his transformers' videos.

9. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think this is a fair response to wheeljaxx. He was offering a suggestion and a very good one at that. Sami reiterated the same thing.

I agree with them, your battle damage on your customs looks cool, but random.

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awsome like always. TTT

11. McTullis

McTullis Well-Known Member

I think your work is rad. Keep it up. Working in a creative industry myself, I have my own styles and methods for what I do and can't stand it when someone gives me their suggestion on how I should improve it. You're not asking for a critique..you're presenting your work, how you envisioned it.

BTW, how much do you sell these for?

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I really dont get the appeal here... It looks like the toy was dropped from a moving car a couple times, the damage doesn't look like something combat would do to him, it looks like something a mean kid with a knife and hammer would do to his little brother's favorite toy. So now it's considered a custom when you take an icepick to a toy for 20 minutes then roll him around in mud?

Sorry, but while customs are fine and battle damage can look good, this doesn't... It's disrespectful to the toy and really in a way it's kind of disturbing.

13. TTT

News Credits:

You call that a suggestion ?
    Thats a little uncalled for, I think.

TTT

14. TTT

News Credits:
    THANK YOU !
    And that is the whole point right there folks.

(eBay sale, whatever it ends at)

TTT

15. TTT

News Credits:

All I can say to that is .....:dunce 

16. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Again..How old are you?

17. McTullis

McTullis Well-Known Member

Pretty bold statement from a guy buying underoos.

18. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

you really don't take crituque well then don't you. you post something, exepect it to be crituiqed. your acting VERY immature over this. you don't want crituique, good or bad, then STOP POSTING. only way your going be happy it seems.

you take good crituique well enough, learn out to take the bad.

19. TTT

News Credits:

This is a showing of a custom figure that is finished, this is way off topic.....MODS ?

TTT

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I agree with Wheeljaxx. Don't get me wrong, you have a pretty accurate handle on weathering and battle-damaging a figure/kit, but I think that there should be a little bit more direction to the weathering and the damage. I mean, right now, whatever happened to Hound seems relatively..."generic." From which direction did the damage come? Why is he damaged in this way? Does the damage match where you've sheared off sections?

And, honestly, look - people in the customs and kitbashes forum offer other people friendly suggestions as to how to improve or change a work all the time. It's up to you as to whether or not you'd like to take the advice. Just because we're offering you suggestions does not mean we're insulting the work. It's foolhardy to take constructive criticism as an actual insult, because, well, it just isn't that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.