Alternators going rate, better to sell together or seperate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chronosprime, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Chronosprime

Chronosprime Well-Known Member

Thinking of selling my alternator collection, have all except prowl/camshaft/swerve. Who here has sold their alternator collection and what do you find is better to bring in the most, selling together or seperate on ebay/etc.

Thanks

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i bought most of mine here on the junkion and ebay, i prefer to purchase separate, so i can be more selective, or at least get a group ive selected from a seller who has a bulk lot, that way im not stuck with some duplicates or some im unsure about...

3. Chronosprime

it's amazing to see just the decline of the overall market though for alternators. there are the ridiculous listings for like 3000.00 in which they are fully boxed/graded etc. and then there are like groups of 7 going for like 40 bucks.

4. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I would sell them individually, but they are hit or miss, sometimes they can sell for 10 a piece and sometimes they will sell for 20 if you are lucky. I sold all mine and on average got about 10. Some sold for like 18, my hound then my skids sold for 7 dollars.

5. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I just watched a loose BT-01 and white RX-8 sell for $21 while a loose Civic sold for $40. So if you sell loose, you'll win on some and lose majorly on some.

If you're willing to hold onto the less in demand then do individually to capitalize on the higher demand ones. If you do as a whole lot, i think ur price should work out to be $25/alternator. Tho i doubt it'll sell well since most ppl have a few alternators here and there.

6. Chronosprime

yeah I'm thinking i'm going to go loose and then leftovers just do some package deal.

7. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

If you can point this one out to me it would really be appreciated. Thank you. :) 

8. Chronosprime

my bad 5 for 46 on ebay right now 1st page.

you are def welcome.

or you could wait for mine here in a couple of weeks...lol.

9. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    The Alt market has really bottomed out. Gone are the post-movie days when you would routinely find Alts selling for no less than $30 a pop loose.

I think your best bet is to sell them individually. And hope that you can get close to retail for them.