Alternators Distribution -or- Why does it suck?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Every time I go to the store I check out the toy aisles for anything new. Plenty of Classics, plenty of Cybertron repaints, but I have yet to see Optimus Prime, Mirage, or Camshift alternators. Why does Hasbro suck at Alternator's Distribution? Instead of throwing extra Skids that clog the shelves why not throw in a extra newer one?

2. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Same reason I see 15 Cybertron Bendy Primes and Primus' every time I visit Wal Mart.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's not that complex. Every case contains four Alts, a mix of old ones and one, maybe two new ones. The new ones fly off the shelves almost immediately. The old ones don't, as anyone who wanted them already got them when they first came out. Since these old figures just sit there and don't sell, the store usually doesn't order any new Alternators for awhile. If they do stock a new case, then the new figures again sell out and we now have even more old figures lining the shelf. Eventually they just stay until some random person decides to buy the one last Ricochet, the store resets its toy department and is therefore pretty much forced to stock a new case, or it just clearances all Alts and stops selling them altogether (which happens at a lot of Wal-Marts).

4. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    All I saw at Toysrus the other day was Cybertron Primuses (Primusi?), Megs and Primal, Cybs Screamer, lots of classic megs, one Classics Prime and Astrotrain.

No Alternators :( 

5. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    It'd be a whole lot better if Hasbro would ship cases of a single figure.

6. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

Then none might be on the shelves since they are all "new"!

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

You're gonna hate me, but I just saw a Prime 2 days ago. However, I've never seen a Camshaft. Distribution is just poor usually and the scalpers (and fans for that matter) are also a problem and you've gotta hunt like a madman! It can be done as I got all my Alts. at retail. Yeah, it took me 4 states to do it, but it got done!

Might I also suggest hitting up a comic con or two if you can? I've seen the 3 you're in search of recently for only $25 a pop. Not too bad, really, considering...

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Fry's Fremont has like a million ALT Primes. :lol 

9. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

At the local meijers here, there are two mirages and two optimus (or three).

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen so many Primes, but I've only seen Mirage a handful of times.

Never once did I see a Camshaft. :( 

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've found that Optimus isn't that hard to find anymore. The Target closest to my house has gotten two or three of them in recently (all of which have been bought by now). The problem is they're not stocking the latest wave with Mirage and Camshaft, they've been restocking with cases from two waves ago: Prime, Ricochet, Rollbar, and Skids or Sunstreaker. :rolleyes2 

12. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    It could also be because the Alternators line is on hold for the most part (save for Rumble and Ravage in the next quarter) until this whole live-action movie brouhaha is over, so Hasbro isn't shipping anything out and what you see in the stores is whatever they have left in stock and in their distribution centers.

13. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, the local Walmart has gotten 3-4 cases of this assortment in the last month. The only toy that sells is Prime. The rest sit there.

I wouldn't worry about not finding Camshaft. I have a feeling Camshaft and Mirage will show up again when Ravage and Rumble ship.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The reason alternators distribution sucks?

Because Hasbo could not sell their way out of a paper bag. hahahaha

no seriously, I'm beginning to believe that the people in charge of Transformers at Hasbro are bunch of chimps or maybe the ape from "Any Which Way But Loose".

15. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a rare reversal, on this side of the Atlantic, Op Prime is in plentiful supply!

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Only one I still need is Camshaft. Haven't seen him. Don't expect to. I've given up on Alts.

17. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I've seen primes and mirages since july and still do. Let's hurry up and get the two decepticon chumbs so we can go on that hiatus.

18. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Around me Prime is starting to be a common sight, but lie someone else mentioned it is the older wave with the combination of Rollbar, Skids, Sunstreaker, or Ricochet. I haven't seen Mirage in months, and Camshaft I have only seen once but that Wal-Mart did have six which stuck around for a bit. Mirage was to pop up again in the Ravage and Rumble wave (1 Mirage, 2 Ravage, 1 Rumble), but who knows if that wave is still coming or has been changed from what is shown by EE showing that wave as cancelled.

19. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

6" titaniums are the new Alternators. With the Alts at least shelfwarmers of one you already have are plentiful. The 6" titaniums seem to barely be out there at all.

20. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Which is why, y'know, there is a big live action film in development, because the line doesn't sell :rollseyes

Why does Alt availability suck? Because the line is winding down in favor of movie product. Stores are not going to be aggressive in stocking a line that will likely not be there next spring anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.