Alternators case assortments

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I seem to recall we had a thread here a while back, but it appears to have fallen victim to the latest database pruning.

I've tried to assemble a list of Alternators case breakdowns, but I'm not 100% sure if I got it all right. I based the list on the Hartmans' old case breakdown lists (which end at the Smokescreen/Side Swipe wave) and Entertainment Earth's wave listings (found via the Wayback Machine), but there's still a lot of anomalies.

First off, EE's wave numbers are way off (wave 1 is 2x Smokescreen, 2x Side Swipe?!? and so on). Apparently, they initially only received every other wave.

Second, there's a missing "HT81300D" in EE's listings ("HT81300C" is wave 3, "HT81300E" is wave 4).

Worse yet: According to EE, wave 3 (whose case breakdown changed several times prior to shipping) is 2x Tracks, 1x Meister and 1x Dead End (thereby skipping on the Dead End/Silverstreak/Hound wave), whereas wave 4 is 1x Hound, 1x Dead End, 1x Tracks and 1x Meister. Bagwah? I thought there was only one Tracks wave and two Meister waves (the second one being 1x Meister, 2x Grimlock and 1x Swindle)?

The next anomaly is the original Wheeljack wave (1x Wheeljack, 1x Shockblast, 1x Windcharger and 1x Battle Ravage), which shipped to US mass retail (TRU, Target etc.) but never to US online retailers.

Instead, online retailers got the original Decepticharge wave which also contained Wheeljack (1x Decepticharge, 1x Wheeljack, 1x Shockblast and 1x Battle Ravage).

That wave, in turn, was never shipped to US mass retail. Hence, Decepticharge made his mass retail debut with the original Prowl wave (1x Prowl, 1x Decepticharge, 1x Wheeljack and 1x Swindle).

The bubble assortment somewhat reduces these problems, the only anomaly so far are the two alternating Optimus Prime cases (1x Optimus Prime, 1x Rollbar, 1x Ricochet and 1x Skids vs. 1x Optimus Prime, 1x Rollbar, 1x Ricochet and 1x Sunstreaker). Did both of these cases ship to mass retail too? Can anyone confirm that?

Anyway, here's the list. Feel free to add any suggestions and corrections.

http://www.binalternators.de/alternators_case_assortments.html

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The only Prime wave I've seen came with a Skids, I did see the remnants of a Prime wave (after a member posted he got the Prime) and I beleive it was also with Skids.

3. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

both of those shipped, I have seen both...never with a prime actually THERE though

4. Nevermore

News Credits:
    How can you know it was a Prime wave, then?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The last one I can confirm in my area is wave 2. We may have gotten one of the Prime waves in, but by the time I saw it there was just Rollbar and that shelf-warming bitch Ricochet left. So it could've been either a fresh wave 2 or one of the 3s. No way to tell for sure.

And so far there's been no restocking because Target is apparently waiting for someone to buy that one lonely Ricochet.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

im pretty sure we got those waves...I just never made it in time to get the prime.

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the info., NM, I am currently on vacation and hitting the stores hard!

8. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

Man... nevermore... I miss your binalternators site :(  It was one of the sites I visited almost daily just to get updates and past info on alternators :/ Maybe later they will spark you interest in keeping track of them again sometime :) 

9. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want non US cases...

Recently we got

Asst 2 Wave 3
    2x Primes
    1x Rollbar
    1x Ricochet

I'm sure last year we skipped a bunch of waves and ended up with
    4x Meister

That fitted in between A1 Wave 7
    1x Grimlock
    1x Swindle
    2x Meister

and A1 Wave 11
    Windcharger
    Ravage
    Wheeljack
    Shockblast

10. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Very informative list. Thank you!

One thing I can't figure out is why Swerve wasn't included in the first bubble packaging wave like Prowl.

Speaking of Prowl, what are the "minimal deco changes" between OG Prowl and bubble Prowl? I can't seem to find any. :dunce 

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Because that wave already included Tracks?

I believe those are some minor differences on the rear end of the vehicle mode.

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Yup, on Fred's variant page, the logos were missing on the red box version.

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/valternators.html

Darn I wish I still had my list of Alternators waves handy. I had a list too. :throw  at myself.

EDIT: Nevermore, Times Square TRU actually did get the Decepticharge, Wheeljack, Shockblast, and Battle Ravage wave but about 6 months later than the official release date. I remember meeting up with Dragstrip85 and we were both going “WTF, they finally get them in now???”

13. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Lol. My question should have been why tracks was chosen over Swerve.

Maybe because the sticker sheet was costing too much money. :D 

I see now, thanks!

14. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    (straightens tie)
    I wonder where Fred got that pic from?
    (snkeyes069 injures self patting his own back)

Seriously, I wonder if Prime is really in those cases. There seems to be a bunch of people, myself included, that have found Meister and Mirage, but no signs of Prime anywhere.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it does seem odd that Prime is rarer than Mirage.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they have Prime. Funny thing is in all those Mirage and Prime cases I've seen Mirage leaving the shelf first.

16. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I can't believe Mirage has seen two waves already...I still haven't seen a Prime in stores. Local stores here haven't gotten anybody past rollbar/ricochet...and they warm the shelves.

17. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

I was lucky to stumble across a mangled packaged prime laying across the sigma6 stuff.. and i havent seen another since!

I already have 2 nemesis primes.. so that must make prime more rare than the Black Knight!

18. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

...so is there any way I am ever going to be able to find: Wheeljack, Prowl, or Shockblast? I have NEVER seen these and stores and these are the some of the Alts I want the most.

However, I was lucky enough to score a Prime this weekend, but sadly, there was no Mirage there. :( 

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen exactly one Alt. Prime in a store months back, and nothing newer. I dislke summer lulls.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would suggest ordering through BBTS, Bills Toys or another one of the online stores that regularly get older stock in from time to time... you're going to pay a bit more for it, because it's older merchandise they usually had to hunt down, but you may not be able to get them any other way. At least not Wheeljack and Shockblast. Prowl you may still be able to find at a local TRU that doesn't move stuff very fast since he was in the first wave of the reduxe packaging.