Alternators: Bubble/Dome vs Red/Blue packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rid, Dec 29, 2006.

1. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a couple of duplicate Alternators and it happens to be of both type of packaging. I plan to open one and keep the other MISB. Is there any tendency in term of rareness for Bubble/Dome or the Red/Blue packaging? If so, I'll keep that one MISB and open the other.

On a different note, I know Alt. Track was in demand at one point but has he dropped in popularity? I'm offered MISB Alternators Tracks (Red Packaging) for $15, shipping included. That is quite a price drop. I'm thinking of getting it because that is a sweet price.

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In instances where they were released again in bubble boxes, the red boxed ones are usually harder to find.

Off the top of my head, i don't think any of the blue boxed ones were released again in North America.(?)

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Red packaging Prowl and Tracks are much rarer than their white bubble counterparts.

$15 for Tracks is a bargain price.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    The core reason Tracks's price has dropped is due in large part to his being reoffered in the first "bubble box" assortment last fall. Meister was also reoffered.
    Best I can tell, red boxes tend to skew rarer simply because of distribution issues in 2004 and 2005.

But from a display perspective, I think the red boxes are among the most beautiful Transformer packaging designs since G1, and I was not (and still am not) a fan of the bubble box.
    To this day, the ONLY toys I've ever bought multiples of to keep in package have been red box Alternators

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    No, but aside from maybe Dead End, none of the blue boxers are considered terribly rare (The Subaru's were notable shelfwarmers even)

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly I dont think it matters much anymore, but if it was a choice between the red or the bubble I would say the bubble and toss the packaging. Only real reason is I just find the red ones easier to store, and they are a bit rarer but not like they used to be during the whole Tracks mad dash.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Get the red boxed Tracks. Not for the box, though I agree that the red boxes are far superior to the bubble. But, it's got a much more sparkly/metallic blue look compared to the duller bubblebox rerelease. So..win-win, IMO.

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I prefer the red boxes too. If you can get that red boxed Tracks, get it.

9. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    red is the choice. isnt it true that RB prowl is very limited due to the unfinished paint apps?? as far as tracks and jazz, just keep both RB & bubble MISB and purchase another bubble set so you can help us all get rid of these shelfwarmers. prolly get em on sale too.

the only reason i like the bubbles is that they are nice to display MISB. u get the 360 view.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boxes are slightly easier to stack. Go with the box.

-Tony!