Minor/Repaint: Alternators Allen G

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    ...Masked crusaders working overtime, painting bots!

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    aww, youre not fat, youre just big bone *pats AB74*

(actually, you can use rhinos co pilot, whats his name with the jackrabbit mask, i just remember bruce sato. that dude is slightly larger around the midriff, hes supposed to be an older guy, plus hes got a beard too.)

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting idea and nice paint job as always! Though when I saw the title I was expecting something SWTF like thing...:lol 

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    :cool: ...

I see you added the chin hair....Looking good SQ!

5. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

ha, nice. i forgot all about mask. i wonder what happened to all of mine.......

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that really did turn out well, just as I knew it would :)  excellent sir! seeing prime in the pics makes me sad though :( 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    "Promised Interaction" (if reading isn't for you, you're welcomed to move on :) 

Hey guys, SQ7 is finally back! I do want to give a bit of a disclaimer as I failed to do earlier:

This project in no way is an attempt to make myself appear any more important that I really am. I've talked to some of you since I've initially posted and those of you know that this isn't the only likeness I'll be making *teaser bomb* In my life, I've been accused of being arrogant (among other things), and I really try dilligently to live contrary to that.

My work simply is what is is; I make NO such pretenses that I'm the greatest artist ever or anything absurd like that. I'm disheartened a bit to even feel lead for the need of such a disclaimer, but I'm a fan of specificity (of which I try to exercise in my posts and work). Admittedly, there is an element of communication that is often lost; particularly on a message board tone of voice (among other things) is common.

I really care about the truth, but I care about each of you guys too. I really try to keep up with everyone's projects and I'm genuinely excited about each of your work (no matter if someone feels the work is "better" or "worse" than mine). MY work is what is what it is, and while I'm currently in the running for several kitbashing awards that I made up (/joke+sarcasim), I'm only in contest with myself. I've set forth certain goals and such for myself and I'm on track to completing all of them.

That all out of the way, I'll just say that I've committed early in life to be a lifelong learner. My faith teaches me that I will eternally learn and I may as well commit to it as not :lol  Learning stuff is cool anyways.

Long story short, this custom was just an attempt to make a cool custom, not try to imply that I think I and/or my work is the center of the universe (which is contray to my faith). I live with my work, whereas I only get to view the large majority of each of yours. On rare occassion, I actually get the privilage of adding a few other artist's pieces to my own collection. [Also to note there, just because I may modify another's custom, does not mean I devalue it. Quite the contrary. My intetion is always to respect and honor the work of others]

/disclaimer

Typically, I'm a bit more interactive from the get-go when I post a custom, but many of you guys know that I'm working two part-time jobs (transititioning to one of them being full-time and leaving the other) as well as new customs. However, I did promise adequate interaction (as I honestly LOVE to do), so here goes:

A tight drumline SHOULD! Drumlines FTW! It’s nice to see someone appreciating marching drumlines for what they are! W00T!

Hehe, I played quad-toms in high school from 10th-12th grade. A girl who I was friends with gave me my nickname “Superquad,” and it just stuck [for whatever reason, everyone in band had nicknames; I’d have to say I got one of the better ones :lol ]

I’ll remember to inform me . . . :lol 

That blue is actually a Testors Model Masters bottle (most of you guys know that I normally use the Testors paint from the packs at Wal*mart and that I mix my own with those same paints and craft paint). It’s got such a nice metallic-flak look to it without being excessive. I bought it to use on a future custom, mwhahah!

Good eyes, pk! I used to have one of those watches that I kept all of my buddies and hook-ups (ha!) in. It came in handy with math classes too :D 

Oddly enough, after high school I was able to come back and work as my band director’s assistant, concentrating on drumline instruction. This guy is one of my favorite people on the planet; he’s just a really cool guy. He’s one of the few people that’s stuck by my side in the midst of adversity (if anyone has worked in education, you know what I’m talking about) To this day, I’ve been the only drumline instructor my hs has ever had. :D 

One of the cool things about the M.A.S.K. line is that most of the popular pieces can still be found for relatively reasonable prices (e.g. it’s not like trying to go back and complete a TF G1 line). This also makes it very conducive for my customs! :D 

His knees are articulated! (I’m pretty sure the only mold that the drivers are able to fit in are the Mustang mold because Alts were not made with the proper leg room due to transformation engineering.

Take those sunglasses off and go see an optometrist, :lol 

*smooch*

Hehe!

Hehe! That painting still remains as one of my favorite pieces. “Icon” really has a lot to say about me and my life as well as making a bold design statement as well (which also says something about my personality). In undergrad, I was crankin’ out some work as I ended up having the largest art show in my college’s history (note key word “large” not “best”). It was neat to have the whole library to myself!

MM does have a bit of a belly and the driver molds are all pretty neat in themselves. This mold works for me because I’m not ripped but I’m not very overweight either (though I am some [6’2”, 235 lbs]).

Those photos are on my personal site.

In regards to the usage of the photos, digibash away! I can joke and take a joke (if this isn't understood by members here by now, I don't think that's my fault, haha), but I'd just recommend people to be respectful as well :) 

I have no plans to use the Mustang mold that way, but I honestly never considered it either! Right now, I’ll just say that I’m working on an Alt Meister to make . . .

this! CS, I did have “REV” in my “list of candidates” for character consideration. You’d be correct with your statement as the guys at CybCon nicknamed me “Rev” for the same reason. More on this later . . .

Hehe, I had just taken photos and went to eat supper and thought about the changes [I ended up making]. Just when you think you’re finished with something . . .

I later noticed from the high res scans I made of this guy in the end (I did PS the images a bit, which is the first time in AGES I’ve done a “superwhite.” *sigh*) that I need to go back and clean up a few minor areas. *note to self on the to-do list*

Thanks for all of each of your comments guys! I hope you all have enjoyed this piece!

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Awwww...you are a sweetheart! *pats KA's shoulder* And I am big boned, confirmed by a doctor, once a full beer keg fell off a truck and smashed into my toe. All it did was bruise the bone, and it fell from 6ft up. Doc said anyone else's toe woulda been broken off. So I have Medical endorsement of my big bone-iousity. (Yeah, no one had to read that). To put it back on topic, that is a cool figure and I doubt anyone thinks you think you are better then anyone else. :) 

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd like to think this were the case, however I can't "QFT" sadly to say; if I could I'd not have to go through the disclaimer process. :( 

Anyways, enough of a pity-party, thanks for the props of my work guys! :D 

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:

I agree....I'll say it..."QFT"......and I know yah SQ!.....I know you dont think that way...:thumb 

Edit: your thread has been honored with my 1,000th post....WOOT!!!...you should really feel special now :lol 

11. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Oh man....now ya got me into m.a.s.k. stuff....jerk........lol j/k

AwEsOmE JoB on the fig doOOD!

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    pk, I really appreciate that post. I AM honored by your post; I really appreciate your friendship as well as the others here that I am friends with.

. . . but I'll leave "feeling special" to you and your crack :lol 

Thanks for the props! M.A.S.K. is a really cool toy line! The really neat thing is that the more fan-favorite pieces are still very reasonable in price; just ask pk! :lol 

13. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DUDE!

This rocks on so many levels!

Bang up job man!

-Gregg

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey man, thanks for the props! I actually did do this. I've gotta get a haircut today and after I shave, I'll look like that again :D