Customs: Alternator wheels?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lord_Starscream, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi ,
    Just woundering if anyone out there has found away to change the wheels between alts. or even with wheels off a car model .

Thanks for your time

P.s.
    If anyone has a Alt Wheeljack up for sale body can be in bad shape as long as the head in mint shape let me know.
    Need his head for a kit bash .

2. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

Not Alt related, but..

Speaking of wheels, anybody have any suggestions on replacing/repairing split tires on RiD Optimus? I guess mine got a bad batch of rubber or something, and they kinda split along the seams a couple summers back*sweat*... he doesn't roll too well with six ruined tires... ehehehe....*double sweat*

3. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here is what I do to get the rims off:

I take a soldering iron. Wait forit to heat up,and then apply the tip to the pin that holds the weel onto the Alternator.

Once the pin is hot enough (usually after 1 minute of heat from the iron) you can grab the whole rim/wheeland pull it off. The pin will come off with it.

Now this works for most Alternator models. Especially Smokescreen, Meister, Prowl...etc..

Tracks in particularis a little more difficult because the pins go through from the inside of the pieces through the wheel.

Hopefully that makes sense, and is somewhat helpful.

If you want to use other rims, you should check out the 1/25 Radioshack X-Mods. There are packages of rims and tires you can buy...and they fit. In fact you can take the tires right off of Prowl and put them on...

Maybe that will help you too...

4. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I tried the sodering iron thing and got them off. The problem was putting them back on.

6. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you need to remove the pin once the wheel is out, after the work is done, you need to use a nail backwards (the head in contact with the pin) and simply use a hammer. Some pliers can work too

7. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    To put the wheel and pin back into the Alternator body, I just whip out the ol' soldering iron again, and let it get good and hot, and then place the pin through the wheel, and force it into position a little, so that it is pointing into the area correctly...and then touch the pin with the soldering iron.

Once it heats up enough, you can gently push the pin in with the soldering iron until its back in position.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Thanks for the Radio Shak Tip, I'm going to look into that