Alternator weapon replacements/substitutions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any good guns, swords etc. to use with the alternators line. Other than the Binaltech accessory pack (which I can't find anywhere to buy) is there anyone that makes cool weapons? Are there any guns from other figures or lines that make good substitutes? They all have really sad looking tiny water guns and I really want to up the artillery. Pics would be awesome:)  Thanks in advance!

2. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Like most toy collectors, I keep a bag of spare weapons around to help fill in the arms race when needed. Lots of my Alternators benefit from extra ordnance, here's what I have with each one, after trying lots of different variations.

Hound - has a very nice four barrelled long gatling gun that can mount on his rollbar in jeep mode, carried with a handle in robot mode. I think it came from a Gundam action figure, a big red guy whose main attraction was that gun.

Skids - carries the two-barrelled rifle that came with the Star Wars 1990s Hammerhead figure. Looks great with the robot mode and stores inside the van.

Windcharger - I made a new barrel for his gun with the shaft of a McFarlane Toys Jyaaku figure, he came with this huge staff weapon that's hollow at the end, so Windy's got a nice long barrelled sniper rifle now.

Jazz/Meister - Has another Gundam figure weapon, a long barrelled pistol with a scope and stock. I think it came with one of the Zaku figures.

Optimus Pickup - He has a rifle that I think came with the WildCATS Black Razor figure, a toy that came with two big rifles and two pistols, but couldn't really hold any of them. It looks great and wedges into his truck bed nicely.

Mirage - I needed some sort of silenced weapon or sniper rifle for this guy, since he's a spy. I found a nice collapsible rifle with silencer from a 21st Century Toys Matilda figure (fit in her backpack) that fits very nicely in his hand, and breaks into two parts to fit into the interior of the GT.

I'm sure lots of people have their own favorite weapon substitutions...

Tim
    "toy geek"

3. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those all sound cool man, thanks I'll have to see if I can track any down.

4. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I use Armored Core weaponry sets...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    What about those Halo 3 mini diecast weapon replicas, like the sniper rifle and battle rifle?
    Would they be able to fit in the hands of an Alt?

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Sigma 6 weapons are the right size. I'm 90% sure I've seen them used at least twice.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Which unit numbers did you get. I love that idea.

8. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I think most stuff that's 1/6th scale (For human weapons anyway) will work with alts. Look on eBay for 1/6th scale weapons for swords, spears and stuff.

For guns, you can't go wrong with the Armored Core stuff. Works for Shinkis too I believe.

9. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Sigma 6 weapons work OK, yeah. If you look at TRU, you might find one of those ninja cycles on clearance.

10. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

I use the sword weapon that came with the action figure sized Solar Streak Megazord toy from last year's PR Mystic Force line. It makes a handy little dagger for my Alt. Ginrai custom. :) 
    [​IMG]
    (Older picture, yo.)

Though I don't have any photos, I also use Clocker's pipes for Alt. Rodimus like many people have done.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That huge bazooka looks awesome on Prime. Reminds me of God Ginrai's massive cannon. Considering Japan was going to make him Ginrai, I'd say that's pretty appropriate :) 

Say, Colley, where did you get the AI-chan from? I don't remember her in BT Asterisk.

12. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This one looks bad ass!!! Thanks guys, there are some sixth scale weapon packs at TRU so I will check those out too. Great ideas:)