Minor/Repaint: Alternator Sunstorm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jeremy.B, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, this is my first completed Kitbash on an Alt, and I am experimenting. Hopefully my movie barricade project will turn out better. I didn't want to do anything too fancy til I got my feet wet, but I am happy with this. Not completed, as I have to detail pipes and fix the face...

Thanks to Superquad7 and Plowking for their assistance/support, and I got this idea after seeing Superquad's seeker alts. Please, I look forward to criticism and ideas as I am going to begin my next project shortly. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like your choice for the orange. I also like how its your own unique approach and not a direct copy of other alt seekers. you main paint application looks well done.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That really looks good SunnyDay!!.....the paint work looks great :thumb 

Very good for your first completed bash :D 

It does look like its missing something....cant put my finger on it though...maybe after you do all the little details you plan to do, that will be it

Keep them coming man :thumb 

4. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Thanks man! That's what I tried to do - wanted it in my own style. Found some techniques that work well for me, and look forward to putting them to good use on my next bash..

Thanks dude! You know I will keep you in the loop. I agree; I wanted to post it as it could be completed, but I would love to put something else on the side panels, maybe a slanted stripe or something. Didn't want to rush to add something I would later regret.

My biggest problems during the bash were the wheels and getting the pins out and back on without damage. I did damage the rims, and had to repaint over it silver. And now the wheels don't turn too well. Any ideas guys?

5. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice work, I like the colour scheme. Would you be able to get some decals created from reprolabels, just to take some of the bareness away?

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Really cool custom, great idea using Sunstorms character.

Great job ! ! !

7. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Thought about that - would love some white flames or stripes down the side. I know it needs something, not sure what yet...

8. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice job! The car mode looks plain though... might as well put some spoilers or sort of what Sunstreaker has at the back of the car.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. Great job buddy! :thumb 

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Check pepboys for car decals. They might have some white flames that you can cut and put there. Also target has stickers and some decals.

I think he looks great. I love seeing more and more people use the 2 part hood idea on Meister.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that is cool

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    When I do the wheels on my customs, I heat the pin up with a soldering iron to the point that the wheel will come off over the top of the pin....sometimes you gotta get the pin really hot, and then pull the wheel straight up, after the wheel cools, it will pretty much go back to its original shape, then use the iron again to heat up the pin, and remove the actual pin, some of the pins are long (especially on Primes back wheels) and they take a lot of heat to get them to come out.

Putting them back on is a snap, just set the wheel on the "hub" and tap the wheel pin back in, just spin it every now and then to make sure you dont have it to tight.

As for decals, maybe you could go with a street tuner theme?....non-the-less, it still looks great!....cant wait to see your next project :thumb 

13. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

love the paint apps and a great design great job

14. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Thanks alot man, it means a great deal!

I have to thank Superquad for the paint help - he helped me with the sanding and brushing technique. Both PK and SQ have been phenomenal.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been very glad to help you throughout this whole process! It's been really cool to get your ims and talk to you on the cell about everything and then get to see the results. You're picking up things really quickly and I have no doubt that you'll continue to make each of your projects even better!

That being said, I'll reiterate that Sunstorm already rocks! :thumb