Alternator Skids question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by defstar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Picked up Skids yesterday and love him...very cool TF...noticed with his left leg though...once you extend it out for robot mode the part below the knee is a little loose and wobbly...all the screws seem to be tightened down...is anyone elses like this...?

Do any other Alternator molds have issues with loose parts...Skids is the only Alt I have so far...

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I've had problems with some floppiness with Camshaft, Mirage, Optimus... most of the later molds don't seem to have the same level of QC as far as part tolerances go.

Oddly enough though, my Skids is nice and tight and perfect.

There's lots of strategies talked about how to tighten stuff like this up. As i've never tried any, I won't go into it.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My Ricoshet, Optimus, Mirage and Camshaft are totally loose. They stand and pose alright, but nowhere NEAR as tight as the start of the line. The only part of my Skids thats a little floppy are the balljoint ankles, but thats par for the course.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My Skidz is solid.

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Thanks for the info...I shall give a closer inspection tonight...see if there is something that can be done...

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The ankle on my Skids are a little floppy too. It's not that bad unless the surface he's on is a little lumpy. I've tried turning his feet to a 45 degree andgle. And on my Jazz his right arm pops off if I look at it too hard.