Minor/Repaint: Alternator Seekers

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by icanfly, Nov 17, 2010.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey

Been putting together my squad of alternator Seekers. These 5 are all based of the Corvette, and the coneheads are being commissioned from the Ford GT (Jarrod style).
    In my hurry to see them put together I have noticed a few spots that need fixing on Starscream, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Sunstorm, but I'm pretty happy with ol Thundercracker

Comments welcome

JL

Attached Files:

2. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

very cleaver!

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff man. I am loving Sunstorm and Acid Storm....the colors really pop on those two :thumb 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    We can never have enough Seekers :) 

5. icanfly

Ebay:
    I agree!! I also have Ramjet (GT by Jarrod) with Dirge, Thrust and Warmonger(!) to follow in suit and I also plan on making Slipstream similar to these Corvettes

JL

6. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did you get your knock off corvettes from? Is there only draw back the plastic wheels? Nice work on the color sceaming of these and your paint work too.

7. icanfly

Ebay:
    I got the KO's (the hard tops) from KOtoys.com. The two convertables are originals. The plastic tyres are the main gripe, but certain joints also are pretty tight and it can be loose in others that are pins. It worries me when you have to porce a joint that it might break but just gotta watch em. But then they are also higher quality than others I have seen

JL

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Did you feel that there was an advantage to using the KOs for the base molds for these customs? If yes, how so?

9. icanfly

Ebay:
    To be honest I bought them trying to save some money but I would spend the extra to get an original next time. They aren't bad but some aspects annoy me a little, like stiff hood hinges, where the back window piece plugs into the car sticks, and the skirts under the doors connect with a plug through the front panel of the car.
    Other than that, not to bad
    JL

10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

That's pretty bad ass. Nice work, there.

11. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    never been a fan of car seekers. I think its not a very good idea. Just ask SQ7, we've done rounds and rounds on this.

Having said that, I know he's been stalking this thread waiting for my response just to poke me with a stick.:poke 

My reasons being that most of the seekers would rather die than get put into a car body, or that the personalities of the seekers/coneheads just don't fit into a car chasis.
    I'm also not a fan of having repaints for repaints sake.....

BUT,

you did do a very good job, and I think the corvette molds were a good choice for this project no matter my objections, as the boys if forced, would I think take some of the best and fastest vehicles they could find. Not to mention your paint skills look wonderful. Good job, but a good change I think would have been pin striping on the sides, and not pretty close to all the same stripes up top. Do like the heads though....

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    :poke 

:lol 

I know icanfly is a huge fan of Alts, like myself, and what I like seeing is an enthusiast take a project like this and do it to the best of their ability. I think that will shine through something like this :) 

13. icanfly

Ebay:
    Yeah I can see where you are coming from with the refusal to adopt an "inferior" alt mode, and the same argument can be made for Grimlock and Shockwave who received the same treatment in the official line. I still like them though, and one I polish them up ill be real happy with them
    Thanks for the comments though

Thanks again mate

JL