Alternator level Movie Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hiro Prime, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, we've seen our first list of what we can expect to see from the Movie line next summer, so one must wonder if there is any plans for an Alt level toy in the works for the movie or not.

I know the designs are crazy by compairisons to what we;ve come to expect from regular Alts, but if you think about it, shouldn't there be at least a couple of large scale (as opposed to the standard Scout, Deluxe, Voyager clases) that attempts to mimic the movie characters in terms of detail and articulation?

Just a random thought.

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I was talking to friend of mine last night on that same subject. The question that comes to mind after seeing the movie versions of Prime and Bumblebee is how the hell are they going to get those bots to look like their alt modes? Seems like those two would have to have a bunch of shellformer kibble hanging off of them that we didn't see in bot mode or they would just be really complex. I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull it off. Even though the designs are not what I was expecting, they sure do look interesting from a TF'ing perspective. That Megatron sure does smack of Cyb. Megatron, though.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking RID Sideburn, only with alot more ( and much smaller ) pieces of kibble. Transforming them to alt mode will be like trying to put Big Convoy in Mammoth mode.

4. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

If anything, I'm expecting multiple versions of characters, some deluxe, some supreme, etc. It's worked well for SW.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I hope so, that would be cool.

6. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I think the toys are going to be a bit differant from the bots in the movie, because the fact that the toys can only go so far, with the safty constrictions, and all, just look at Blackout in the profile and the proto. but they will be as difficult as the BW Neo, and RID bots if not more complacated. the unleased bots will look swwweeet!

7. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I'd love to see two lines of toys for the film. One simplified set that fits into the $6, $10, and $20 prices for the kiddies, and then a far more complex line that ranges from $30-$60 and retains scale with eachother. I'd love to have massive super-complex versions that mimmic the film bots details as best as possible without trying to reach a price point or meet child safety standards for age 5. Blackout will be this giant crazy-awesome character in the film, but the toy will have to fall into a $20 pricepoint, sadly. So here's hoping for two lines: standard, and collector.

It'd also be really cool to throw in some human characters with some of the bots. Like including spike with Bumbelebee, some army characters with Skorponok, etc. - it'd be like GI Joes for your Transformers :tongue: 

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YOu know that i'd be expensive as hell, but a 1/24th scale series for the Autobots at least would make for some good fun. Specially considering that Jazz has been reported to be Half the size of OP. As to why I'd say 1/24th scale... So that theyed fit in with the Other Alts in car mode.

There would, of course, be three price points to them. With Jazz, Bumblebee and Barricade being at the normal Alt rate. Ironhide, Ratchet, maybe Brawl, maybe Bonecrusher at the next price point. (say $30.00) And then, OP and any of the Decepticons who didn't fit the med. scale as a Supreme price point toy. Which would be about how it would work if they all were the same scale.

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The only movie toy I want is Optimus Prime riding a motorcycle.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    QFT.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'll race you with my Darth Vader motorcycle. There can be only one! [​IMG]

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it's Energon Arcee I'm there! :) 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm curious as to how the movie is going to affect the Alternators line in general. With the remainder of molds/repaints that are proposed for the spring, I'm curious as to whether the Alternators line will continue on through the movie still going along the same route in terms of designs, etc. Will Hasbro use the Alternators line to produce at least a few movie toys, or will they change the Alt line up some (name change? Etc.?) and just use the size/price point for something we've not even seen yet.

Personally, I hope the Alt line continues alongside of the movie, still offering us more traditional-type designs that the Binaltech has already set forth for us.

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think we may see some larger scale Movie toys, like a Supreme figure, but I don't think they'll necessarily be in scale.

Dude, get on AIM... you know who you are.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have no clue who you're talking about . . .

. . .AIM? Instant messaging is for the DEVIL!

16. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Okay then... YIM

17. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I agree (basicaly) Alternators make LOGICAL sense to be movie toys regardless of Sizes, heck if the movie overtakes MOST transforers Product next year just to make a range of Designs. On this subject Has there been ANY official or UNofficial Alternators plans for 2007?? I've heard till the end of this year but what about beyond??? If the answer tures out to be nothing, Movie themed Alts make the MOST sense.