Minor/Repaint: Alternator Kickback

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by icanfly, Apr 1, 2007.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Introducing Alt Kickback. I am quite happy with this one, except for where the plastic began to crumble from the substance I used to dissolve paint from Alt Prowl (note to those who do stupid things: do not use eucalyptus oil to dissolve paint on alternators. Does bad stuff). Its not too difficult to see the patch jobs where it is held together with blu-tac. Other than that Im happy though, & the head is courtesy of Sculpt-bot

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kb1botjh8.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kb2botig6.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kbcarsk7.jpg

Comments? Critisism? Anything?

Enjoy

JL

2. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

wtf? the head just seems to big when thinking about him changing i wonder where it goes

3. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

wtf? the head just seems to big when thinking about him changing i wonder where it goes

4. icanfly

Ebay:
    The head is too big to transform him, but the damage that happened to him when stripping the paint - a few joints crumbled - he is basically untransformable anyway. The vehicle mode shots where taken before the head had arrived

Regards

JL

5. icanfly

Ebay:
    The head is too big to transform him, but the damage that happened to him when stripping the paint - a few joints crumbled - he is basically untransformable anyway. The vehicle mode shots where taken before the head had arrived

Regards

JL

6. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Nice work! Is the head from E Landmine?
    Stickers are really cool!

7. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Nice work! Is the head from E Landmine?
    Stickers are really cool!

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Although the head does look a little on the big side of the "whole picture" I do like the overall out come.
    Vehicle mode looks sweet...the decals help set it off, bot mode looks cool too.
    I see Ravage painted up with "Insecticon" like stripes...is that your next Insecticon?

And a tip, get yourself an old coffee can (big one) with a re-sealable lid on it.
    Get yourself some isopropyl alcohol, at least 70% but 90% would be better.
    After you have dis-assembled your bot, put all the pieces in the can, put a bottle or two of alcohol in the can with the pieces, enough to submerge the pieces, then put the lid back on and let them set for a day or so.
    With a little elbow grease, all the paint will come off, then just wash them in warm soapy water, dry them and then paint them...good to go.

This is how I do my bots when I want to paint them, it removes all the unwanted paint, it gets rid of the "mold release" thats also in the plastic. And it doesnt hurt the plastic at all.

Haven't had any probs with this method

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Although the head does look a little on the big side of the "whole picture" I do like the overall out come.
    Vehicle mode looks sweet...the decals help set it off, bot mode looks cool too.
    I see Ravage painted up with "Insecticon" like stripes...is that your next Insecticon?

And a tip, get yourself an old coffee can (big one) with a re-sealable lid on it.
    Get yourself some isopropyl alcohol, at least 70% but 90% would be better.
    After you have dis-assembled your bot, put all the pieces in the can, put a bottle or two of alcohol in the can with the pieces, enough to submerge the pieces, then put the lid back on and let them set for a day or so.
    With a little elbow grease, all the paint will come off, then just wash them in warm soapy water, dry them and then paint them...good to go.

This is how I do my bots when I want to paint them, it removes all the unwanted paint, it gets rid of the "mold release" thats also in the plastic. And it doesnt hurt the plastic at all.

Haven't had any probs with this method

10. icanfly

Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice plowking. Haven't got any more paint stripping coming up but its an idea for another time.
    And yeah, the Ravage is done in custom coloured Le Mans racing stripes by Reprolabels and is indeed the insecticon Shrapnel with a Swerve head. I haven't posted any pics of him yet as I'd seen it done before but might get some done as a group when Bombshell is finished - he will be a black Scion, but waiting on a noggin

Regards

JL

11. icanfly

Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice plowking. Haven't got any more paint stripping coming up but its an idea for another time.
    And yeah, the Ravage is done in custom coloured Le Mans racing stripes by Reprolabels and is indeed the insecticon Shrapnel with a Swerve head. I haven't posted any pics of him yet as I'd seen it done before but might get some done as a group when Bombshell is finished - he will be a black Scion, but waiting on a noggin

Regards

JL

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty cool!

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty cool!

14. icanfly

Ebay:
    The head was designed by Sculpt-bot, but I think it was originally based off E Landmine. You would have to ask him to find out the details

Alt Bombshell is coming along nicely. I will get a WIP group shot of the three some time this weekend

Regards

JL

15. icanfly

Ebay:
    The head was designed by Sculpt-bot, but I think it was originally based off E Landmine. You would have to ask him to find out the details

Alt Bombshell is coming along nicely. I will get a WIP group shot of the three some time this weekend

Regards

JL

16. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

I luuuuuuv it!
    Non-transfromable is ok. It looks so cool like dat.
    Love that stripes on da hood. Tuner look is cool.

17. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

I luuuuuuv it!
    Non-transfromable is ok. It looks so cool like dat.
    Love that stripes on da hood. Tuner look is cool.